2009 - 2014 F-150

Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade

Well, I didn't "want" to trade in my 2005 (only had 38K miles! Immaculate Shape!), but I "wanted" Sync and the plethora of other new features....

Got a 2010 F150 XLT SCrew "Texas Edition" (Ingot Silver/Stone Gray Interior) with most of the bells and whistles I wanted.....been working a little closer to preferred options as I can justify and afford them...

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
oooo nice!!! good job!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
nice truck, what does the "texas edition" include that others don't??? everyone talks a bout sync, but i have yet to use mine....maybe some rainy day i'll figure out what it is all about!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
i think its just a badge they put on. i have seen some northwest edition chevy's in the past. the badge is cool though!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
What a pretty truck man. Nice!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by wisconsinFX4
nice truck, what does the "texas edition" include that others don't??? everyone talks a bout sync, but i have yet to use mine....maybe some rainy day i'll figure out what it is all about!
Originally Posted by IronMedic
i think its just a badge they put on. i have seen some northwest edition chevy's in the past. the badge is cool though!
The only "unique" part of it is the badge, but it is essentially a grouping of options: 6-Disc CD/MP3, Captains Chairs, Floor Console, Power Driver Seat, Running Boards.....those are the ones on my last "Texas Edition" (2005) that are definitely on this one, but I'm not sure what else is included now, as I know I have a few options that aren't a part of it (Tow package, Trailer Brake Controller, SYNC, XLT Driver Package, XLT Chrome Package, Bed Extender, Reverse Sensing System)

As for the SYNC system, you can add a lot of the features of it with aftermarket head units, however the steering wheel controls and overall integration can't be. So far I use it A LOT for audio streaming via bluetooth from my Palm Pre, and just recently added "Favorites" (via syncmyride.com; Voice->Services->Favorites; personalized news, weather, and sports reports via your phone)

Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by heybeermantx
The only "unique" part of it is the badge, but it is essentially a grouping of options: 6-Disc CD/MP3, Captains Chairs, Floor Console, Power Driver Seat, Running Boards.....those are the ones on my last "Texas Edition" (2005) that are definitely on this one, but I'm not sure what else is included now, as I know I have a few options that aren't a part of it (Tow package, Trailer Brake Controller, SYNC, XLT Driver Package, XLT Chrome Package, Bed Extender, Reverse Sensing System)

As for the SYNC system, you can add a lot of the features of it with aftermarket head units, however the steering wheel controls and overall integration can't be. So far I use it A LOT for audio streaming via bluetooth from my Palm Pre, and just recently added "Favorites" (via syncmyride.com; Voice->Services->Favorites; personalized news, weather, and sports reports via your phone)
awesome, thanks for the info! i do love the badge. i remember when i saw the dodge Superbee badge they put on the SRT chargers. i wanted to steal it off the cars lol!!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 PM
LBT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice truck! I was looking to buy the same color and option combination you just did. I grew up in Amarillo...many fond memories. Congratulations on your new truck.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Great looking truck. Got to love the silver.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Good looking truck.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Nice truck... I actually have a couple extra Texas Edition badges I got from a dealer in San Antonio when I lived near there years ago... I put them on my 2000 F-150, but I think they were for an 04/05 model... They are still on there and seeing as how I live in WA now, people are always asking what a Texas edition is... I never have the heart to tell them it isn't really a TE... Was thinking about putting the extra badges on my new FX4... Undecided as of yet. It too is Ingot Silver, so yours let me know what it would look like...

Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Did FMC update the badging to match the new trim?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Very nice truck. Have fun with it.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by LBT
Very nice truck! I was looking to buy the same color and option combination you just did. I grew up in Amarillo...many fond memories. Congratulations on your new truck.
Other than some urban sprawl, I can guarantee nothing has changed here since you left!

Originally Posted by jmrob135
Great looking truck. Got to love the silver.
I do like the silver, but I'm having to let the stone interior grow on me...in order to get options I wanted with the exterior color I wanted, this was the only interior available at 5 different dealerships.

Originally Posted by sandydiego
Did FMC update the badging to match the new trim?
No, the badge appears to be unchanged from the previous body style.

Originally Posted by sozzy1269
...Was thinking about putting the extra badges on my new FX4... Undecided as of yet. It too is Ingot Silver, so yours let me know what it would look like...
I can snap a photo or two of the badge and tailgate area if you want a little better idea....just let me know. That is the only badge on there now, while the previous body style had it on each of the front fenders below the F150 badges.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IronMedic
oooo nice!!! good job!
Exactly what I said when I looked at the picture! (Well, I drew out the niiiiiice" a bit more.)

That is one sweet looking truck!

Andy

Quick Reply: Upgrade