2009 - 2014 F-150

Need photos long bed SCREWs with leveling kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need photos long bed SCREWs with leveling kits

I was about to buy a short bed 2010 FX4, but went to the dealer today and saw the long bed on a platinum. It seemed to be more balanced. I've spent the last three weeks on this sight figuring out all I want to do (AS 2" leveling kit, 285/65/20's, bakflip tonneau, no man step). The site has been so helpful. The thing I can't find are pictures of Supercrews with a long bed, leveling kit, and larger tires. Actually there are a few in white, but I need a darker color, as I'm buying a black truck. Please post short beds too, as I can then compare them. Thank you guys for all the help! So many of you have trucks I'm envious of.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, we got no responses, but it looks like a lot of you would like to see the same thing. I went to the Ford dealer to look at the two bed sizes side by side. I think for the once a week trips to the hardware store, dump, etc., the short bed is going to work just fine. A long bed would also make my driveway much more difficult to turn around for both me and my wife. The wife also liked the look of the short bed better...I'm still undecided, as I think the long bed really balances out the new longer cab. I promise to post pictures of mine once I get the 2" AS and285/65/20's on it. Hopefully some guys with longbeds will post a few pics to help future buyers make their decisions without having to go to the dealer and be harassed to buy this very second.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:26 PM
It will look good! Sorry I can't help more then that!

Old 03-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Just finished my leveling kit on my 09 Lariat. It's a 6.5' bed...

I will post pics tomorrow in a new thread once my tires get installed and i get home and throw the AMP power steps on...

Old 03-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by StickyF150
Just finished my leveling kit on my 09 Lariat. It's a 6.5' bed...

I will post pics tomorrow in a new thread once my tires get installed and i get home and throw the AMP power steps on...
That would be GREAT! I really think that truck will look awesome. I live outside of DC and have to go into the city every now and then. The short bed is going to work a lot better for me. If I still lived in WV, I'd be buying a 6.5' bed. I sell my truck either tomorrow or Tuesday, then the dealer will get my truck from another. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 07 Supercrew with the 6.5' bed. It has a 2" level on it. I know you are looking for the newer style, but if you don't find any pictures let me know. I don't have any currently, but I can maybe snap a few for you. New tires are going on in a week or so.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Here you go.

Just a 2.5" level... sits noise high

Added ProComp Add-a-leaf (1.5" to the rear)

Both pics, tires are 305-55-20.

From some of the pics I have seen, a 1.5" level sits almost perfect with the stock rear height, but you will need to add a 3" block to teh rear if you go with a bigger level kit to sit level.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:05 AM
F AST,

Thank you! That is one good lookin truck! This picture makes me want to buy the 6.5' bed! My biggest problem has become parking in the city, and in my driveway. I hate the idea of buying a truck and not getting the biggest bed possible.

with those 305's did you have to trim any of the plastic? If not, do you htink it is because you went 2.5" vs. 2"?

Thanks for posting the pics! Man, I can't wait to get this truck!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 AM
F ast, your truck looks awesome! Did you put in the 2.5".. I am ordering a leveling kit today, I have heard they 2.5's are a biatch

Old 03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
how does it ride with the add-a-leafs? I am thinking about a 2" on my 6.5. I want it a little nose high to look kinda like a pre-runner. better traction when off road (transfers more weight to the main drive wheels, theoretically).
What kind of mileage are you getting with the 305's? I take it you have summer and winter sets of wheels.
I also love the cap... ARE? I keep trying to get my wife to order the one we were looking at... I think it's the same type - ARE Z series? If you don't mind, what'd you pay for it? We were quoted about 2,500 with the flip down front window, interior light and a few other options.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
MTNEER, I agree with your thinking; the 6½' bed balances out the truck better than the 5½' bed does. I think another plus is being able to use the bed side steps with the 6½' bed. No way will the 6½' bed fit in my garage, but I would be okay with that. The longer truck does make tight spots more challenging. I vote for the longer bed. I hope that's what you get.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Posting pictures of my truck in new thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by MTNEER
F AST,

Thank you! That is one good lookin truck! This picture makes me want to buy the 6.5' bed! My biggest problem has become parking in the city, and in my driveway. I hate the idea of buying a truck and not getting the biggest bed possible.

with those 305's did you have to trim any of the plastic? If not, do you htink it is because you went 2.5" vs. 2"?

Thanks for posting the pics! Man, I can't wait to get this truck!
With my after market wheels (4.5" BS, -12mm offset) I had some trimming to do with the 305-55-20s. Some in both the front lower valance and also right at the back, outter edge of the fender flare. I do not have the same clearance issue with the OEM 20s... but I do have a little rub at full lock turning left only on the sway bar.

I run a 2.5" Auto Spring level

Originally Posted by muliefever
F ast, your truck looks awesome! Did you put in the 2.5".. I am ordering a leveling kit today, I have heard they 2.5's are a biatch
2.5" AutoSpring

Originally Posted by sozzy1269
how does it ride with the add-a-leafs? I am thinking about a 2" on my 6.5. I want it a little nose high to look kinda like a pre-runner. better traction when off road (transfers more weight to the main drive wheels, theoretically).
What kind of mileage are you getting with the 305's? I take it you have summer and winter sets of wheels.
I also love the cap... ARE? I keep trying to get my wife to order the one we were looking at... I think it's the same type - ARE Z series? If you don't mind, what'd you pay for it? We were quoted about 2,500 with the flip down front window, interior light and a few other options.
I love the Add-a-leaf. Much better positive feel and more solid felling in corners. I really do like the ride much more than stock. I have the long style add-a-leaf... I guess there are 2 styles, long and short but most feel the shorts are too firm.

The cap is a Leer. Could be a little nicer fit. The contour of the cap doesnt match the contour of the box as well as I think it should.
Cap cost me roughly $2200 Canadian

Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by StickyF150
Posting pictures of my truck in new thread
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...grapplers.html

Nice truck

Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Over the past weekend I have been able to drive the 6.5 bed and 5.5 bed numerous times back to back and there is not really much difference in manuevering and parking. However the 1' in the bed does make a difference when you go to haul a motorcycle or something bigger. In summary, get the one you like best.

Quick Reply: Need photos long bed SCREWs with leveling kits