2009 - 2014 F-150

Firestone Ride Rite - 2010 F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone Ride Rite - 2010 F150

Anyone have any opinions about air bags kits? Did you install them on your 09-10 F150?

Thanks

Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put some on my dads 09. i'm been thinking about aal, but he is the one hauling tractors and what not..

Lets just say this may be one of the time you are b*tching about ford's boxed frame.. the bottom bracket that bolts to the leaf spring pack( if i recall corretly) is very simple. The one pain to the install is going to be the attachment of the upper bracket.. you bolt it to the frame rail. There is a stock acess cut into the frame where you have to put the nuts on the bolts that hold the bracket and frame together.. However the acess isnt big enought for your hand(s) and the nuts that are supplied with the kit are just nuts attached to a thin metal 'popsickle stick' like handle, you bend handle near the nut so you will be able to hold the nut 90 degrees from the bolt.. then the handles go into the acess hole.. the handles will hit the inside of the frame rail ergo the nut will be able to be tighten.. but you only get a few bends before your popsickle stickle like handle will break and be completely useless!!.. the airlines are very easy to run.. best of lucks.. about as much cussin involved as the leveling kit.. but like every project the other side was much easier.

Quick Reply: Firestone Ride Rite - 2010 F150