2009 - 2014 F-150

Is something wrong with this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is something wrong with this?

I ordered a new 2010 Platinum in January and it was to be delivered to my dealer on March 1. I tracked the vehicle and it was dropped off the rail in St. Louis 8 days ago. It has been sitting there for 8 days. When i talk to my salesmen, he says they are waiting for a transporter to get enough vehicles to deliver the vehicle. (IT IS ONLY 40 miles away) I have been awaiting this vehicle for so long and now everyday i wait for it to travel the short 40 miles and it never arrives. I call my dealer every day and he says they are just waiting. Don't they have the power to just go and get it? I realize they don't want to make a transporter haul just a few vehicles this way and it is cost efficient but I paid for a $50000 truck and you think I could have access to something I already put a deposit down on since it is so close. Im just so frustrated. Is there anyone who has had or is having a simialr experience?

Last edited by jasonbrunaugh; 03-05-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry to say, but this typically how it works. They wait until the car carrier is full, then they make their way to the dealer. I doubt the dealership could go just pick it up.....I'm sure some sort of inspections are done when the truck is delivered to the dealer and paperwork that has to be signed.

It sucks, I know.....

Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 AM
The worst part is my local credit union had me pre approved for a low low interest loan special and the loan had to close by the 12. It would have worked but now by the time i get it there wont be enough days to get the paperword to ford credit so i can refinance. Oh well, it is only money right?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by jasonbrunaugh
The worst part is my local credit union had me pre approved for a low low interest loan special and the loan had to close by the 12. It would have worked but now by the time i get it there wont be enough days to get the paperword to ford credit so i can refinance. Oh well, it is only money right?
So just use your credit union for financing. You'll loose the Ford Financing incentive, but maybe the dealer will work that into the truck. I mean, what's the worst that can happen - they say no?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I ordered a new 2010 Platinum in January and it was to be delivered to my dealer on March 1. I tracked the vehicle and it was dropped off the rail in St. Louis 8 days ago. It has been sitting there for 8 days. When i talk to my salesmen, he says they are waiting for a transporter to get enough vehicles to deliver the vehicle. (IT IS ONLY 40 miles away) I have been awaiting this vehicle for so long and now everyday i wait for it to travel the short 40 miles and it never arrives. I call my dealer every day and he says they are just waiting. Don't they have the power to just go and get it? I realize they don't want to make a transporter haul just a few vehicles this way and it is cost efficient but I paid for a $50000 truck and you think I could have access to something I already put a deposit down on since it is so close. Im just so frustrated. Is there anyone who has had or is having a simialr experience?
I don't mean to be rude but you sound like a 12-year old that never learned the meaning of patience! Just relax, it's only a truck and I'm sure it will arrive soon enough.

Whatever happened to self-discipline?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Real
I don't mean to be rude but you sound like a 12-year old that never learned the meaning of patience! Just relax, it's only a truck and I'm sure it will arrive soon enough.

That is what happens when people get the tracking information. The dealer tries to do them a favor and provide the tracking. Then the buyer gets upset when it does not show up on a certain day. They just do not understand the nature of shipping.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:47 PM
It is normal. The distance has nothing to do with anything. Just wait. When I bought my last truck the dealer said 8 to 12 weeks. If you were a few hundred miles away, you could also have it easily delivered 40 miles as you could 250 miles. The distance again has nothing to do with. Just wait and stop calling your dealer every day. Maybe you could reduce your calling to every other day.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm in a similar situation. Ordered December 30 and it was built February 1. Was supposed to be delivered Feb 8 and I'm still waiting. Dealer originally told me 4-6 weeks for a factory order.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
So close, yet so far.

There's not much your dealer can do but maybe a call to Ford's customer service number could help get your truck soon. Other than that, patience is a virtue.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Real

Nice, way to be a ****. Whatever happened to tact...

Old 03-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I think the OP is more concerned with getting hosed on the financing end of things since there's a chance he'll miss out on a good financing rate...

That, and understandably the OP is excited about getting his new truck... knowing it's right around the corner from you would be frustrating.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mickeymeanie
I think the OP is more concerned with getting hosed on the financing end of things since there's a chance he'll miss out on a good financing rate...

That, and understandably the OP is excited about getting his new truck... knowing it's right around the corner from you would be frustrating.
Exactly. It makes a big difference. Matter of fact, I was advised by my salesman at the dealership not to go with their financing who is a friend of mine. Instead went with a credit union he recommended and got 4.3%. Not the best, but a whole lot better than 7.9 % on my 04. It all adds up and every buck you can save these days are worth it. btw, when I brought my 2010 F-150 home, I took my wife out for a drive. She drove it, and was so impressed she bought 300 shares of stock in Ford which has increased like 43% of sales. But she liked the fact that they didn't take the "bail-out" This 2010 F-150 is the best vehicle I have ever had and she is happy for the profit. It feels good when your mate respects your search for quality.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT
Nice, way to be a ****. Whatever happened to tact...
Stick around. You'll read more obnoxious drivel from Real.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by MarkY
Stick around. You'll read more obnoxious drivel from Real.
I had to go to the on-line dictionary to find out what "drivel" was. I learned a new word. Just be patient, it's worth it, believe me.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
To clarify, I used this board to ask a question about trucks and their arrival times. This is new to me so I was looking for answers. As others have stated, I am concerned about the rate I already had secured to close on the 12 and obviously that is not going to happen. I called the dealer every day because he asked me to so they could check on the vehicle. The reason for my question about whether this is wrong or not is because the salesmen told me one thing, then told me another. First he said the vehicle was not built yet, then he said it had been delivered off rail for a week, then he said there was not enough vehicles for it to be delivered, then a transporter delivered several vehicles to the dealership, but mine was not one of them. I am just using this board to find out information about how this works and maybe help others if there is something I know for them. I have appreciated all responses and help I have read about on here and find this board very informational.

I'll be the first to admit that I am being impatient. It's a new truck, I’m excited, SORRY! I was calm until I knew the truck was that close and of course I am going to be impatient and want my truck. The dealer was not impatient a few months ago when they took my money and cashed my check.

To Real . . . . . I did not know what to think about your comments and I don't care all too much but when I looked at your account and your posts, I felt like I better understood how to take your comment. Now, not to sound rude, but you need to get a life. Jumping from thread to thread on here throwing around your comment on everything is one thing, but to insult people and pretend your word is gospel (as you do no almost all of your posts - see here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/se...archid=3472698) is pathetic. It's almost as if you just try to pretend you’re the expert and all knowing on almost everything . . . . Not to be rude.

Quick Reply: Is something wrong with this?