2009 - 2014 F-150

Connect Phone with SYNC

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connect Phone with SYNC

My phone wont connect with the sync in my 2010. It worked last night, can anyone help me with that?

Old 03-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Blackout150
My phone wont connect with the sync in my 2010. It worked last night, can anyone help me with that?
I have noticed that if you have the truck connected with your phone.....say your in the truck and have to go back inside for something - if you loos connectivity, it will not reconnect automatically.

Go to "phone" (i assume you have the nav and/or same buttons as I do) and connect manually and see if that does the trick.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I've noticed that mine won't connect automatically if I use the remote starter rather than just using the key.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's because Sync will only try to re-pair on initial power-up. When you use your remote start, your phone is not in BT range.

When you use your remote start, usually you can simply press the phone button and Sync will initiate the re-pair sequence.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
That's because Sync will only try to re-pair on initial power-up. When you use your remote start, your phone is not in BT range.

When you use your remote start, usually you can simply press the phone button and Sync will initiate the re-pair sequence.

good to know...thanks.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I've gone back into the house to get something with the wife and kids in the running truck. Came back out and the phone disconnects as well. It' just a limitation of the blue-tooth range. I now just shut off the truck when I get out.

The phone also disconnected after 5 minutes. I was sitting in the truck after I had shut the truck off.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:25 PM
I found my old WM smartphone kept it's BT connectivity with Sync better than my Android phone can ever hope for. The WM phone consistently connected to the BT system without a hassle.

Now, I have to manually turn off and on the BT radio on the Android phone to make sure a BT connection is made.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by sandydiego
I've gone back into the house to get something with the wife and kids in the running truck. Came back out and the phone disconnects as well. It' just a limitation of the blue-tooth range. I now just shut off the truck when I get out.

The phone also disconnected after 5 minutes. I was sitting in the truck after I had shut the truck off.
The disconnect after the 5 minute shut off (after you turned the truck off) would be from the automatic power down? Meaning you can play the radio and such for a small amount of time after you turn the truck off - as long as you don't open the door.

Quick Reply: Connect Phone with SYNC