2009 - 2014 F-150

SYNC -- Directions maps

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SYNC -- Directions maps

Couple of questions.

- I am going to be going on a 1000 mile trip this summer. I am going to give this nav thing a go (I don't have the screen). How do I tell what route it is taking? I created a saved point on the syncmyride.com but I would like to see what route it is taking. as it may not be the route I want it to take (need to add points). I THINK it is using mapquest...

- I have heard that we can upload the maps to the system here soon? How is that different than having a point saved on syncmyride.

- I am planning on doing an all nighter... will have people sleeping... can I use the jack next to the usb as headphones?

Thanks...

Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about the TDI. I have the nav. You could ask your question at syncmyride.com.

The jack next to the USB is a line in, not a line out.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by shrek06
Couple of questions.

- I am going to be going on a 1000 mile trip this summer. I am going to give this nav thing a go (I don't have the screen). How do I tell what route it is taking? I created a saved point on the syncmyride.com but I would like to see what route it is taking. as it may not be the route I want it to take (need to add points). I THINK it is using mapquest...

- I have heard that we can upload the maps to the system here soon? How is that different than having a point saved on syncmyride.

- I am planning on doing an all nighter... will have people sleeping... can I use the jack next to the usb as headphones?

Thanks...
Hi, I have not done it yet, but I did noticed, after I had a route planned and downloaded, that there was an option in the menu that allows you to preview the route. I can't remember what I was doing at the time, or in the menu, but I did see it. I bet there is a voice command as well.

Kimo

Old 03-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Press sync and say "route" after its been downloaded, you will be asked if you want to know the next few steps. then it will give them to you and ask if you want the next set of steps (like 4 at a time) till the end..it also will give you how many miles left.

Used mine on a 400 mile trip to mountains of MD. Only problem i had was up in the mountains it kept saying "you have left the route" but i was still on the road, and about a min later it would say "you have returned to the route". I guess the GPS was having some problems.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 03-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply: SYNC -- Directions maps