2009 - 2014 F-150

Which Lift Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GS357
Who is RCD? Is there 4.5" lift comparable with a Rancho 4"
Race Car Dynamics. http://racecardynamics.com/products/...502004full.htm

Higher component and ride quality than Rancho. Pretty cool textured finish on all of the main peices too, that blend nicely with your frame (not super high gloss against rough/rusty frame rail.) Still manages to look awesome too. The impact struts are stainless steel.

Originally Posted by F_ast
From what I undderstand, RCD is a newer company. An up and comer, but without the market share. I have heard of some quality and fitment issues with the RCD stuff, but that was a while ago.

They are much cheaper in price than the other brands though too.
Far from an up and comer. They have been around for awhile, but have their roots in many areas...and obviously by there name, off-road products is not their biggest (shame).

You dont hear more about them because (as much as I like the product), they just have subpar marketing. It can be a bad thing to have a terrible website and no advertising whatsoever...but it also keeps them within their means.

Compare them to Fabtech. Usually cheaper than Fabtech (this particular kit is more since it has replacement bilstein front struts which are more than a normal shock), but with better shocks. Less discount to dealers, less marketing, less sales...but they didnt file chapter 11 last year...Fabtech did.

The people that search hard for the best quality keep them steady.

Originally Posted by cbledragon
Is the RCD 4.5" kit complete with everything you need or is there additional parts that need to be ordered. I have an 09 XLT and am considering lifting it but want to find a complete kit. Also with the 4.5 kit can you run 35's on 17" rims and not have to worry about anything?
Complete. You will want to set it up to 6" to clear 35"s, 4.5" for 33"s. (The Bilstein struts are adjustable, just like the levling struts)

Last edited by bigreen2; 03-26-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanx for the info Bigreen... Website you can suggest to oder it from?

Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 AM
All mentioned EXCEPT Pro-comp or Fabtech... They use low quality fasteners and low grade components... Really only good for on-road looks. When they see dirt, they break.
Rancho is one of the better brands for toughness and availability off the shelf.
RCD has a good reputation too. I am not sure if James Duff is making compnents for these new trucks yet either, but they have in the past made some of the most articulate ford systems.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:01 PM
RCD is a good quality lift but I don't think they have a kit out for the 09+ models yet. They don't have it listed on their website.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:51 AM
I find it funny how nonengineers say things "are" and "aren't" engineered well. That they are going to "break when they see dirt", lol. And these people don't even have the lifts. Word of mouth is just as dangerous as it is helpful so beware of what you listen to.

Last edited by casedog; 07-16-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Rancho quality is top of the line and with the deal currently going on right now, it's hard to beat for price and quality.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:33 PM
About three months ago I had the chance to meet one of the top guys from BDS. They are dedicated to top quality, correct fit, easy directions and all correct parts. Each kit is checked then double checked to the material build list. He stated he would rather an employee take out a wall with a fork truck then ship a kit with an incorrect part. That is dedication to the customer. If I lift my truck it will be with BDS.

John

Old 07-27-2010, 12:12 AM
I am sure Rancho is definitely a quality kit. I don't dispute that. But do you think BDS or ProComp or any "top guy" from any suspension company would tell you any different than what Rancho did? Like a Pro Comp rep would say they pride their selfs on shotty parts and shipping half kits? lol, No.

Quick Reply: Which Lift Kit?