2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear seatback release pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info!! I had no idea. More room than I would have expected.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Ive been wondering how that rear seat folded down for a year now. Thanks for the pictures. Took me bout 5 minutes to get it figured out. Can definitely store a few things back there.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:50 AM
subscribing until I can get it figured out. Tried 4 times to get my hand back there but I can see crap hardly.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by cegan1825
Ok so I tried again, this time armed with a wrench. Using the circle part of the wrench I was able to lift the latch up. There's a lot more room back there then I ever thought there would be. I'm pretty stoked because when I got my truck I was excited about the fact that I could easily sleep in the back seat or lift up the back seat and sleep (or other activities) on the floor, but I didn't really know of a good place to store a pillow and blanket. This is definitely my solution, although now I have to go down to the store to buy a pillow. Here's some pictures in case anyone wants to see. And thanks tbraquet for letting us all know. Finding a "secret" storage area in my truck made my day

Put a full-size towel back there for starters
It looks like there is decent room there behind the folded down passenger side however when you fold the passenger side seat up does it not go back further against the wall? My guess is that when you fold the seat up that extra space is taken up.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:27 AM
That is a great little storage spot!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Awesome.. I was looking at this the other day.. briefly but had no idea. Very cool

Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by WayneByrom
subscribing until I can get it figured out. Tried 4 times to get my hand back there but I can see crap hardly.
Same for me. Can't see or feel anything like what is described. All I want to do is get the headrests off.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Real Sniper
Same for me. Can't see or feel anything like what is described.
Same here.

I feel everything EXCEPT what I am supposed to be pulling on. WTF?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:11 PM
It took some poking around before I finally found what you're supposed to pull on, and even then I couldn't get it to budge with just my finger. I think I opened my rear window and poked my head through it a little bit so I had a better angle to see the back of the seat and then I finally saw the part I was supposed to pull. FYI the mechanism is on the back side of the seat. In my first picture, you can see the whole mechanism on the back of the seat. And like the OP originally said the part you're supposed to pull on is located at the top passenger side of that mechanism. If you're not able to get it to budge with your finger, you might want to try using the circle part of a wrench like I did. Hope this helps

Old 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Closed end of a wrench is the best way. It was way too stiff for me to release by hand.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Can this be done on the super cabs?

Old 05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Unlatching wasn't too hard, took a little fumbling around to get it...however, getting it to latch again was the biggest PITA...I can see fitting a blanket back there no problem put not so sure about the pillow. A gun rack would be a cool addition to the un-used space as stated earlier...

Old 05-18-2010, 03:32 PM
rok
It took me 15 minutes and a large gash on my thumb but i got it. Not sure why it was designed so stupid. A lil strap woulda been the best and easiest way. I think the oil filter location guy had a say in this design.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Justi
It looks like there is decent room there behind the folded down passenger side however when you fold the passenger side seat up does it not go back further against the wall? My guess is that when you fold the seat up that extra space is taken up.
I was thinking the same thing. Dosnt the back of the seat push back a little when you fold seat back up...thus crushing whatever is behind it, or worse, possibly damaging the seat?

Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Justi & Ruffn: I was worried about this also. However, I tested out lifting up the seat and letting it back down after I put a towel behind the seat. Yes, when you fold up the bottom of the seat, the seat as a whole lifts up and pushes against whatever you put in that space. I have no plans to put anything firm behind the seat for this reason and personally I wouldn't recommend anyone else trying to either. I don't think a towel, blanket, or small pillow would cause any damage or anything like that. It'll just get squished a little, but I doubt it will affect the seat negatively. Tomorrow I'll try to put down one section of the seats and push up the other section with the towel behind it and take a picture to see how much it really squishes.

Quick Reply: Rear seatback release pic