2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear seatback release pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After looking at the amount of movement today, it looks like the seatback moves backwards about 25% or so when the seat is lifted up. There is still room back there but choose what you put back there with caution.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
I read this and had to run out in the rain to check it out,other then folding them down to look for kids toys I would not be folding them down
First I cut my finger on a barb/spur left behind from the factory THANKS!!
Second when you fold them down you have this big dangerous bracket one each seat that would damage anything that comes into contact with it

im not a big fan, I liked the rear seats in my old "03 screw R.I.P

Last edited by MY03F150SUPCREW; 05-18-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:47 PM
So I have had this truck for a year and had no idea that it did this. What other things do these trucks do that none of us are aware of??

So is the consensus that mounting a 12 gauge behind the seat wouldn't be a good idea because when the seat is in the folded up position it would smash it?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Gir
I think the 12 guage should fit fine near the bottom but I haven't tried it out yet.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm trying to figure out what to store back there now. There's a good gap at the bottom that should barely come in contact with the seat back.

I wonder why they even put this feature in, not that I'm complaining about it.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Anyone with a Scab try this yet?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Just had a look on my Supercab and I can't seem to find this latch, maybe we can't do it.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
worked like a charm!

Thanks for the info! I took a litle bit- i was trying to yank on the slider bold in the two channels, but then realized there was a much smaller pin that was attached to the spring catch on the passenger sides of both rear seats, and they came loose with little effort. a couple times and it's a breeze. I just installed a set of exactseatcovers in the back to protect the leather from the dogs. They fit really well for the price of 99$. i have the 60/40 rear with the armrest, and not many places have covers that fit that styel (at least not cheap). i ordered the one's for a 2010 Platinum/Harley/King Ranch as i figured the Lariat rear seats must be the same except for the type of leather, and they fit like a glove. only took me about 1/2 hr to get it all tight and looking good. saved me a boat load of time unbolting the seats!

Old 06-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Couldn't get it with my finger. Used the closed end of a wrench & got it on the first try. Great write up.

Last edited by Nolasalt; 06-13-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Its a little hard to find at first but once you know where it is its a breeze. I mounted a couple amps on the rear of the seat which hides everything nice a clean, but still allows me to easily get at them to make adjustments
I use a 1/2" box end wrench to get at mine.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I know this is an old post, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any success folding their seat forward in a Supercab? Seems as though all the SuperCrews can do it.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I found that the trick on my truck (09 screw) is to first fold the seat bottoms up. This brings the top of the seat back forward a little bit and let me get my hand in there far enough to reach the release pin. Definitely a nice little spot to put some extra items for winter (blanket, hat, gloves, etc). Thanks for the tip guys!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
interesting, just curious why it was designed to fold down like that too? I guess to get to the stuff behind the seat.
I'm not sure what Ford's reasoning was behind the design but it sure is a lot easier to clean the rear window with the headrests down and out of the way.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I have looked all around my rear seat in my 2010 F150 FX4 SuperCab and cannot figure out where the rear seat release lever is located...

I dont see anything that looks like the both pictures posted here.

Need to know where to look again. One post said it was up on top of the seat near the head rest. I have nothing is this are I can feel behind the seat on either the small rear seat or the large rear seat. I cant even get my fingers behind the seat here on top of the rear seat where the head rests are located. The one post showed what looked like carpet on the floor side but half rasing the lower seat I didnt see anything that looked like a release hinge. The one picture shows the rear seat releasing from the top and folding down from the rear window towards the back of the front seats...

We had a post before sometime back that said raise up both the small and large seats and you could see where the seat back was held in place but you had to remove bolts to release it.

Maybe what you are describing here is not for the SUPERCAB rear seat model...

I would love to remove my two head rests. I can move them up but cant remove them becuase they need to go higher up and hit the truck ceiling...

I must be looking in the wrong area for the back seat release. Where do i look again please...

Thanks...

Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Me thinks at least four or five of us EXTENDED CAB models posts here are not finding the release lever - Must not be an option for us... I certainly cant find any such latch around my rear BACKSEAT....

I am thinking we have to remove some screws on the bottom of the BACK SEAT to get to that area... Maybe some one with success will dime in here for us EXTENDED CAB models...

Quick Reply: Rear seatback release pic