2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear seatback release pic

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who commented it being hard to use your finger to move the silver button in the release position, I found it helped by applying pressure to the backrest (just push the backrest towards the back end of the truck). The pressure will be released making it easy to switch that tab to the release position with no tools. Hope this helps.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM
I made a quick video that shows how I do it on my 2009 crew cab. Maybe this will help you find the latch if it's in the same spot.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by mitchy
I made a quick video that shows how I do it on my 2009 crew cab. Maybe this will help you find the latch if it's in the same spot.
Hi Mitchy, I just saw your video, but it is so dark to see. Is the pin on the right side of headrest? I tried to pull it by hand, maybe I don't have enough strength.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by dogtired107
Hi Mitchy, I just saw your video, but it is so dark to see. Is the pin on the right side of headrest? I tried to pull it by hand, maybe I don't have enough strength.
The bracket is on the driver's side of the headrest, and the pin you have to pull is on the passenger's side of that bracket.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by mitchy
Dang the 2009 rear headrests are so much smaller than the 2011. Must be nice to be able to see out the back window.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah, my brother in law has a 2011 and I did notice that they are big. They look like they're about the same size as the fronts.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 AM
I guess we SUPER CAB GUYS are out of luck - I even noticed in my SCAB that the backrest part of the seat is not split like in the SCREW - The BACK part of my seat goes all the way across the back but the BOTTOM SEAT that folds up is split into a small one on the passenger side and a large one on the drivers side.

Ive looked everywhere I can look and don't see anything like being discussed here as far as a BACKSEAT release is concerned. I am guessing we have been SCREW'd on this one haha... All I really want to do is to REMOVE my two head rests in the back - can't see nuffin out my rear window... Maybe if I keep prying up after the head rest hits the ceiling I can get it high enough to clear the bottom.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

You MUST really enjoy CAPITALIZING random words, you SEEM to do it QUITE often.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
its CALLED tourettes

Old 06-30-2011, 05:08 PM
me sorry about using CAPS oops caps as much as I do. Just a habit I guess. I am not yelling haha... I am just highlighting words... "Sorry about that Chief" so says Get Smart Don Adams... I'll go hide back in the woods again for another 30 days and nights i guess...

Old 07-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Roy Braddy
I guess we SUPER CAB GUYS are out of luck - I even noticed in my SCAB that the backrest part of the seat is not split like in the SCREW - The BACK part of my seat goes all the way across the back but the BOTTOM SEAT that folds up is split into a small one on the passenger side and a large one on the drivers side.

Ive looked everywhere I can look and don't see anything like being discussed here as far as a BACKSEAT release is concerned. I am guessing we have been SCREW'd on this one haha... All I really want to do is to REMOVE my two head rests in the back - can't see nuffin out my rear window... Maybe if I keep prying up after the head rest hits the ceiling I can get it high enough to clear the bottom.
I just picked up my 11 FX4 Supercab and first thing I did when I got home was remove the back headrests.
Rear seat does not need to be moved just pull up on the rests,release them with the little tabs and keep pulling while angling out a bit.very tight with roof but they do come out.
I can actually see things back there now but the top of the seat sure has a lot of holes and things sticking up now....

Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 AM
BOSRO - Thanks for the tip - Your post made me come out of the woods alittle early to remove my headrests... I didnt know how more room I needed after hitting the ceiling... I now have both headrests out and stored in a box and moved to the garage for safe keeping...

Now I guess I better move back into the woods before the scallywags get after me again for using caps too much... Thanks again... The scallywags will probably get after me now for using three periods at the end of each sentence...

Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Roy Braddy
Now I guess I better move back into the woods before the scallywags get after me again for using caps too much... Thanks again... The scallywags will probably get after me now for using three periods at the end of each sentence...
or maybe they are getting on to you for being an annoying twit.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:19 PM
maybe so...

Old 07-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Aviator150
Same here.

I feel everything EXCEPT what I am supposed to be pulling on. WTF?
FINALLY!!!! Close to a year after giving up... Yes, I'm quoting myself.

The trick for my SCREW was to remove the read headrests. After doing this, I could actually look back there and see what I was supposed to pull on. Once I did this, it popped out with minimal pressure.

Not much space... But OMG it's nice to be able to see out the rear windows.

Last edited by Aviator150; 07-01-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear seatback release pic