2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear seatback release pic

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If there's a latch, it's obviously meant to be used. Is this even mentioned in the manual, that the seats can fold up and now, DOWN???

Old 07-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Up
If there's a latch, it's obviously meant to be used. Is this even mentioned in the manual, that the seats can fold up and now, DOWN???
I never saw it in my manual. I first learned about it on this thread.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Thumbs up

Used a box wrench on mine to lift the pin. It's almost in the center of the latch and mine is hard to pull up with a finger. It's a bit tight on mine. Does make it easier to clean the rear windows.

Thanks for the post ....!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, your video helped greatly. However it was still a pain since I have big hands just fitting back there. You DEFINITELY have to push hard on the seat to get the force off of the pin where the small button will release the seat. I was actually pulling on the larger bolt. That pin was so small, didn't even feel it there and then my fingers would hardly squeeze in there.

I think the little bit of room on the floor behind the seat isn't worth the hassle of cutting my hands up. Plus there's a hard plastic sleeve over the latch bolt that would stop rattling. It doesn't look to be sturdy enough to undergo several clamp pinches of the jaw. It looks like this clamp is just so service can get to the bolts of the seats and the baby seat tether.

Thanks though, nice to see if something gets dropped back there, that I can easily reach it now.

THANKS!

Last edited by Mike Up; 07-06-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mike Up
OK, your video helped greatly. However it was still a pain since I have big hands just fitting back there. You DEFINITELY have to push hard on the seat to get the force off of the pin where the small button will release the seat. I was actually pulling on the larger bolt. That pin was so small, didn't even feel it there and then my fingers would hardly squeeze in there.

I think the little bit of room on the floor behind the seat isn't worth the hassle of cutting my hands up. Plus there's a hard plastic sleeve over the latch bolt that would stop rattling. It doesn't look to be sturdy enough to undergo several clamp pinches of the jaw. It looks like this clamp is just so service can get to the bolts of the seats and the baby seat tether.

Thanks though, nice to see if something gets dropped back there, that I can easily reach it now.

THANKS!
I think you're right about it not being meant for frequent use. Perfect for an extra blanket, etc for winter that you should hopefully never need.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Good thread, I need to access the back panel to get my master code for my driver door entry. At least that is where it was located in my '05.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:20 PM
FYI - I could not find the body control module for the keypad entry behind the back seat. It is located behind the passenger side kick plate per another forum. I was able to release the back seat by using my thumb while reaching behind and to the right of the headrest. This put my thumb in a good position to leverage the pin/button up releasing the seat. I did give a small amount of force backward on the seat to relieve any pressure the latch may have a had on it. I hope this technique helps someone else.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
So I was permantely mounting my amp today, and wanted to put it behind the seat (passenger side), took all the bolts out and couldn't get the back of the seat to come off. So I searched google and got this thread. Thanks guys.

Also, I wrapped a black thick zip tie around the release really tight so it wont fall off. Works like a charm. Now just pull up on the zip tie, no fumbling around.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by pdabbs911
Good thread, I need to access the back panel to get my master code for my driver door entry. At least that is where it was located in my '05.
My code was on a card with the owner's manual. Also it mentioned you could call Ford/dealer and they would be able to provide it... FWIW.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks you this site I learned about the folding down rear seat in my SCrew. I got it unlatched and added a nylon grab handle to the latch that looks like the factory ones behind the headrests. Now I don't have to fish around to get it to fold down. I was able to put my toolbag, a tarp, blanket, towel, jumper cables all back out of sight and secure. Gotta love easy mods!

Old 03-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by GrnDay33
Thanks you this site I learned about the folding down rear seat in my SCrew. I got it unlatched and added a nylon grab handle to the latch that looks like the factory ones behind the headrests. Now I don't have to fish around to get it to fold down. I was able to put my toolbag, a tarp, blanket, towel, jumper cables all back out of sight and secure. Gotta love easy mods!
That's a great mod - I need to do that. How did you end up attaching the nylon handle to the latch?

Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM

It was a piece that was double looped and sewed together on the end of a ratchet strap I had. i just took a nail and heated it up and poked a hole through both pieced of nylon to make a hole. Then I stretched it over that stud that sticks out. It took some stretching to get it on, so it won't come off easy. Looks like a factory piece.

Last edited by GrnDay33; 03-24-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm going to try this later tonight. Awesome.

Last edited by hohlraum; 03-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just came this thread dont know how i missed it.

After some feeling around i was able to.get the pin to pull up. I drilled a #40 holw.thru the pin and put a piece of stainless wire thru the hole and put a little loop in it so ot is easier to find and pull. Planning on attaching a holster to the back wall for when i park at the airport and leave the pistol behind. Was going to get a safe for the center console but i think this is a better option. I doubt some punk would look behond the seat.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 PM

Here is another thread on the topic I posted up back in 2010. I added a couple zip ties and have no problem popping the seat back open when needed. I too mounted my amp behind the passenger side seat and have had no issues with it there for the last two years.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...eat-backs.html

There is also another thread somewhere that the person ran some very thin cable down to the pin and had a loop up through the seat. My 09 had a pin which had a head on it and kept the cable tie from falling off, some with newer trucks reported they did not have the headed pin and drilled a hole through their pin to keep their cable or tie attached.

Last edited by DeereGeff; 04-18-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear seatback release pic