2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear seatback release pic

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DeereGeff
Here is another thread on the topic I posted up back in 2010. I added a couple zip ties and have no problem popping the seat back open when needed. I too mounted my amp behind the passenger side seat and have had no issues with it there for the last two years.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...eat-backs.html

There is also another thread somewhere that the person ran some very thin cable down to the pin and had a loop up through the seat. My 09 had a pin which had a head on it and kept the cable tie from falling off, some with newer trucks reported they did not have the headed pin and drilled a hole through their pin to keep their cable or tie attached.
tywrap would have been an easy option but my 2011 did not have the head on the pin to keep the tywrap from coming off. thats why i drilled it and used the wire. i pushed the wire into the fuzzy fabric up at the top of the seat and then pushed it back out and twisted a loop on it so that the wire stayed in place. take a look at the picture a couple posts above this one, grnday33's. poke that wire in the fuzz material just above the black and then pop it back out by where it is sewn to the leather.

showed my boys last night and they said they would never suspect there is anything there or would think about accessing the area.

today i want to see if there is enough room to relocate the factory sub that is bolted to the floor under the passenger side rear seat.

i can see my ar and shot gun easliy fitting back there.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This IMHO is the best thread YET ! Thanks to everyone who posted info !

Quick Reply: Rear seatback release pic