2009 - 2014 F-150

My New 2010 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010 | 03:16 PM
|
My New 2010 Platinum

I finally got my truck I ordered and I am very pleased with it. I will be posting pics on here soon and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts such quality information on here about products, accessories, and their trucks.

I spent the weekend putting the following on my truck:

BedRug (molded for the step) and it went in literally in minutes and looks great. Highly recommended.

Extang Revolution Tonno - Seriously, took less than 15 minutes to install. I love how the rails only have 3 clamps and the tonno just tension snaps in. Also, Highly recommended. I did have a small issue with the adjustable clamp on the drivers side. Seems like the thread was stripped but I called them today and they sent me out a whole new set of clamps to fix this problem. Very cool.

Putco Chrome In-Channel window visors. These things easily went right into the channel and the window sealed completely. I was nervous about adding these but they are a lot smaller than the others that are not in channel and the window did not drag at all after the first few times rolling it up. I liked how they used a spacer for front windows to keep the visor away from the channel of the window.

Stampede Chrome Bug Deflector - This product looks great, but the install was terrible. Taking off the Grill is easier said than done. I read about this a lot on here and other sites but those clips are terrible. I did snap the middle clip but it seems to be holding all right. Taking the grill off was much easier than putting back on. It was a pain getting the grill over the deflector in some spots but under it in others (near the sides).

EZ Down Tailgate assist - easy to install, works great. It is definitely quicker on the let down than the video shows but others have said that is because of the tailgate step and camera. I am happy with the product and am sure it will keep my kids from getting smashed.

This upcoming weekend I have a local shop installing 2 TV's in the headrests. I am opting to have them cut in so that they match the stone interior. I am also asking that they put the 2 DVD players in the glove box. Has anyone ever tried that on here? Will it work without cutting out the back of the glove box? I am hoping I won't run into any problems with this.

I would like to keep these TV's after I trade in the future and I called FORD today to call about getting new headrests to replace these when I trade. Here is what I was quoted: $38 bucks for the headrest assembly and pad. $308 for the upholstery that covers the headrest. I thought they were joking. I asked what it costs to upholster the whole seat and they said $330 for the top and $330 for the bottom. WOW! Does anyone know where to get a factory headrest that is upholstered to match the stone interior on a Platinum or any other OEM Ford parts site where it might be cheaper?

So far, my family loves the truck and I am looking forward to taking it on a few trips this summer with the Family.

Old 03-15-2010 | 03:48 PM
nice, welcome to the forum

Old 03-15-2010 | 05:27 PM
Truck of the Month
Congrats....looking forward to the pics!

Old 03-15-2010 | 05:40 PM
Old 03-15-2010 | 09:31 PM
welcome to the site! as far as the headrests go, i would check with tasca ford in RI, a ton of people use them to get ford oem parts because they sell at cost + 10% i believe....most other dealers can't come close...just google them and once you connect with the operator, tell them you got their name from this forum site and you want to request some qoutes on parts...they should hook you up with the right person, good luck!

Quick Reply: My New 2010 Platinum