2009 - 2014 F-150

New Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Platinum

Picked up a new Platinum today. I got the Bakflip and line x installed. Man, did it look sweet when we pulled up to the dealer. My buddy picked up a new FX4 at the same time.
I love this truck so far but wonder if I'll ever get the Nav and Sync figured out.
I noticed the bad shifts down low but other than that its perfect. I'll drive it for a while before bringing it in to have the tranny reflashed.
Any idea where I can get door sill protectors for the rear doors? I'll get pics up soon.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
congrats man, did you get the actual Bakflip or the Ford version as we discussed?

I'm not sure if they make rear door sill protectors anymore. I used some from a AVS (auto ventshade) set I had leftover from my old 04 truck. You can see if they still sell the 04-08 AVS sets. Or you can try to order the stock Ford front door sill protectors and trim them to fit the rears.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Ford version. Its identical except it doesn't have the foam pads for leaning on the cab. It doesn't actually touch the cab, just the rubber gasket around the window, but you can bet I'll be adding some foam.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Congrats. You are going to love it and you'll have the SYNC figured out in no time. However, until we see pics, it didn't really happen.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by danc55
Ford version. Its identical except it doesn't have the foam pads for leaning on the cab. It doesn't actually touch the cab, just the rubber gasket around the window, but you can bet I'll be adding some foam.
I just got the Ford one installed last week and when I noticed they didn't put the rubber bumpers on they said "oh, we normally don't put them on because they look tacky". Then he grabbed them off the shelf and I put them on myself. They did a really poor job on the install and one of the latches on the rear panel wasn't even catching so I had to spend time re-doing it.

Anyway, the OEM one does come with the bumpers, I guess you just have to ask for them.

They only way I can see them looking "tacky" is if the dealers are installing them onto the back window instead of under the cover like they're supposed to.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:09 AM

Congrats on the new truck!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by FX4-LX
They only way I can see them looking "tacky" is if the dealers are installing them onto the back window instead of under the cover like they're supposed to.
Exactly. You don't even see the things 95% of the time. Sounds like a lazy dealer.

Quick Reply: New Platinum