2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Taurus Intelligent Access Push Button Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Taurus Intelligent Access Push Button Start

So this is a wild idea but i did complete the dash swap in my 06' from an XLT column shift to a FX4 center console shift.

"Starting your Taurus is a breeze with the available Intelligent Access with push-button start. First, make sure the key fob is in your pocket or somewhere in the car (including the trunk). Next, press the brake pedal and then the start button. Just shift into gear and go."

Collision Catalog - 2010 - Ford - Taurus
Console, Center console, Start button, Start button - Armrest, compartments & switches - Armrest, compartments & switches -------$25.11 (TASCA)

What would be required for a push button start to be installed in our trucks? Anyone know what the difference between the Taurus key and our key is?

If i can get some solid info, I'd be willing to try this.. Much like the dash swap, there was a lot of wiring involved, but i really don't know the technology behind the push button, It can't be that complicated to make this work!

So let's start brain storming

Old 03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
There are a few post on the forum about this but here is one

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...04-2008-a.html

Old 03-18-2010, 09:29 PM
That's just like the push button start in a Nissan Altima rental I had once. Dodge uses it too in the Challenger, but I know there's a flaw with it. I was watching an episode of Top Gear where they tested the Challenger. They were able to start the car while one guy had the key with him inside a coffee shop. They were able to drive it too without the key even being in the car.

Hopefully Ford's system is more foolproof than that!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
There are a few post on the forum about this but here is one

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...04-2008-a.html
Yes i remember seeing this post about the push button start, but i was more concerned with the Sync system and the plethora of electronics stuffed into the new 09 and 10's...

This will be a good reference though. Thanks!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by SFCFX4
That's just like the push button start in a Nissan Altima rental I had once. Dodge uses it too in the Challenger, but I know there's a flaw with it. I was watching an episode of Top Gear where they tested the Challenger. They were able to start the car while one guy had the key with him inside a coffee shop. They were able to drive it too without the key even being in the car.

Hopefully Ford's system is more foolproof than that!
Nope! I was at the Ford dealer and a lady was test driving a SHO Taurus.....the salesman had the key in his hand! He called her and told her not to turn it off!

But it ran without any problems!

Quick Reply: 2010 Taurus Intelligent Access Push Button Start