F150 vs Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrieIkkTx7Y

toyotas are nice if you drive around town a lot, but they don't work like fords

Old 03-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I love my F150 but had two Sequoia's ('01 & '03) and loved them too. That being said I went a drove a new Sequoia this week to replace my '07 Suburban and I wad appalled. It felt cheap, flimsy and was not at all refined like my older Sequoias. My Suburban was way nicer and so is the F150.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by GoingGoingGone
Nobody plans on buying a truck and having to sell it in a year or two, but right now anything with Toyota on it is taking a big hit in depreciation and it will likely get worse before it gets better. So right now you can get a slightly better deal on a Toyota; but in a year or two if you had to sell/trade it, how will its value hold up?
Let's hope so! I plan on trading mine up for an '11 w/EcoBoost in early 2011. Haven't seen anyone on this board trading their's in yet, so no real world data yet to see what people are losing on their '09's when they trade-in.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my tundra, its a nice ride and everything but it cant compare to the f150 for doin work, i pulled my boat and got 7 mpg and i dont even want to talk about off road performance. i got the truck from my dad and couldnt pass up on it since my old one wasnt runnin up to par but if i had to choose a truck it would be a f150. my dad has a 09 fx4 and i love it much nicer ride

Old 03-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Tundra may have the special hidden ......Rapid Acceleration Feature that Ford doesnt offer?

Old 03-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't know about now with all the issues, but I looked at the toyotas when I bouth my first 2010 F-150. Back then (July/August 2009), the stickers were higher than the Fords. You can get good deals on the Fords and they aren't taking the hit from the bad rep that Toyota has right now. I'd stay away. When I looked at them, they just didn't do it for me. To me, the Japanese full size trucks just aren't the same as the American models.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Toyota Values?

With all the recent Toyota problems it gives American and Canadian Politicians a perfect opportunity to beat them down and perhaps prop up the struggling N American big 3. The bailouts on both sides of the border give them extra incentive to do so and get the Taxpayer money repaid quicker?
The upcomming Lawsuits and continuous pounding Toyota will be recieving may force them to adjust their pricing to retain market share.
Where will this leave current Toyota owners come trade in time?
This is the first opportunity in 25 years or so Toyota has been vulnurable to the Big 3
Im sure Henry Ford has a big smile on his face right now!

Last edited by ajaj; 03-21-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:39 PM
I found the FX4 I want today, we'll see how the numbers look Monday morning.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
I have owned both. I had a 07 Tundra Double Cab TRD and I currently have a 10 FX4. The Toyotas power plant was very impressive and I managed better gas mileage with my Tundra (comparing 5.7 to the 5.4). Other than the engine Im not to sure what else I can brag about. The interior was cheap, the vents would move when I hit bumps so I was constantly having to adjust them. You would actually scratch the paint off the dash if you rubbed anything against it. The rear end of the truck did not feel stable with no load or trailer on the back. However when pulling or hauling the truck rode very smooth. Both Ford and Toyota installed crappy steros so I will call that a draw. I actually liked the brakes on my Toyota but I am equally impressed with the 10 FX4 brakes as well.

Overall I like my Ford much better but back in 07 I was caught in all the hype about the new Tundras and had to have one. Plus the local Ford dealers blew me off so I took my money else where.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by used2vtec
I have owned both. I had a 07 Tundra Double Cab TRD and I currently have a 10 FX4. The Toyotas power plant was very impressive and I managed better gas mileage with my Tundra (comparing 5.7 to the 5.4). Other than the engine Im not to sure what else I can brag about. The interior was cheap, the vents would move when I hit bumps so I was constantly having to adjust them. You would actually scratch the paint off the dash if you rubbed anything against it. The rear end of the truck did not feel stable with no load or trailer on the back. However when pulling or hauling the truck rode very smooth. Both Ford and Toyota installed crappy steros so I will call that a draw. I actually liked the brakes on my Toyota but I am equally impressed with the 10 FX4 brakes as well.

Overall I like my Ford much better but back in 07 I was caught in all the hype about the new Tundras and had to have one. Plus the local Ford dealers blew me off so I took my money else where.
im guessing you have the basic audio? cause those new Sony systems sound awesome!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
I found the FX4 I want today, we'll see how the numbers look Monday morning.
Good luck with the numbers! Hope you bring that truck home today!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Funny, a friend at work is going through this same "dilemma". He's only looking at the '10 F150 and a '10 Tundra. He asked my opinion since I have an F150 that's pretty much (for the sake of this anyway) on the same platform as the new ones.

Here's what I told him. If you're going to lease and only keep it for the 3-4 years that it's leased then get the Tundra. It'll do whatever you need a truck to do. If you plan on keeping the truck for a long time then go with the F150. The build quality is better, and as a long term purchase it becomes a better value over time.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:26 PM
alright heres my .02... why not buy a slightly older truck that is gonna be a helluva lot cheaper and then you got lots of left over cash to do what you want to it? like a 2000 f250 diesel? then you got plenty of money left over for chip'ing it, the hitch for your camper(idk if its a fifth wheel), gears maybe tires. and any older or newer SD diesel will blow both of the formentioned trucks completely away when it comes to towing.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 PM
You get what you pay for!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:46 PM
I guess I am one in the know on this subject because I traded in a Tundra on my new F150. The Tundra does have more power but the power the Ford has is plenty for what I do. The Tundra was the best truck I have owned to date and I have owned over 30 new ones. I get a new one every year.The Tundra was tight. They are quit and drive like a dream. Mine never was back to the shop other than the gas peddle recall and oil changes. I never had the tires re balanced in 30,000 miles and still drove smooth as silk. I have not owned my f 150 long enough to pass judgment on it yet but so far it has been very nice. It is smooth. It is quit out on the road. there are no rattles and the frame on the Ford does seem to be stiffer or more heavy duty. The whole truck just seems more solid to me. With all this said I hope my f 150 is as good to me as my Tundra was. You are probably asking why I got a Ford instead of another Toyota and the answer is I needed the longer bed with a crew cab. All of these trucks have good things about them other than the chevy and in my eyes they have nothing good about them. I hate them with a passion. I would own a Honda Rigeline before even riding in a GM product.

Quick Reply: F150 vs Tundra