2009 - 2014 F-150

F150 vs Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paralyzer
im guessing you have the basic audio? cause those new Sony systems sound awesome!
yes they both had the basic audio. I upgraded the Tundras one and will do the same to my F-150 once I get some extra cash.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a point about the gearing. The Tundra gearing with 4.30:1 axle ratio is almost identical to the F-150 6-spd with 3.73. In fact, the F-150 is a bit shorter overall, but very close except for first gear. First is 8% shorter, second is 3% shorter, 3rd is 3% taller, 4th is 2% shorter and 5t h is 2% shorter.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Here's my take on this issue. If you are buying a car, Toyota's are hard to beat, especially the Camry. Very good car in terms of ride quality, handling, and power. I still would go Toyota on a car despite the recent issues...Now if you are looking for a truck, then Ford is the BEST hands down. I have owned three F150s and three Rangers. Their dependability and quality are better than the competition. When I bought my 2010 F150, I looked real hard at Toyota (Tundra and Tacoma) and GM (Silverado and Sierra). The GM products to me were better than Toyota, but neither were close to Ford. I was very disappointed in the Toyota. I was expecting to feel the same way about their trucks as I do their cars. It didn't happen. Trust me, I really pay attention to detail when it comes to autos.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Buy the one you like better. You're the only person you have to please.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:16 PM
When I was truck shopping I looked at both the Tundra and the F150. There were things I liked about each but the F150 won me over (and I don't tie myself down to the jap vs America crap). You guys may find it funny, so be it, I really liked the Honda Ridge-line, the way it handled and the ride but the rear seats were nowhere near that of the F150 and of course there is a lack of cargo capacity. But that built in cooler/storage area was pretty cool...

I too think Toyota is getting shafted by big news and big government (who happen to own a car manufacturer) but they should have payed more attention to their customers and this may not be happening to them.

But in the end it was a no brainer and the F150 won me over and I'm not looking back.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe_STX
Here's my take on this issue. If you are buying a car, Toyota's are hard to beat, especially the Camry. Very good car in terms of ride quality, handling, and power. I still would go Toyota on a car despite the recent issues...Now if you are looking for a truck, then Ford is the BEST hands down. I have owned three F150s and three Rangers. Their dependability and quality are better than the competition. When I bought my 2010 F150, I looked real hard at Toyota (Tundra and Tacoma) and GM (Silverado and Sierra). The GM products to me were better than Toyota, but neither were close to Ford. I was very disappointed in the Toyota. I was expecting to feel the same way about their trucks as I do their cars. It didn't happen. Trust me, I really pay attention to detail when it comes to autos.
I agree with you!.........

Quick Reply: F150 vs Tundra