2009 - 2014 F-150

my white sand lariat with: harley heads/tails, stealth bulbs, roush grille valance

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice, maybe I'll see you out on the road sometime....

Old 03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
hey guys,
thanks again for all the positive feedback! i have a few more pictures of the truck without the front license plate (wish i could keep it off but it's not worth getting pulled over). I also included some pics of the lower roush grille/grille bracket (starting out i planned on making a "how to" but it got a little too involved for me to be taking pics of every step)....enjoy!

shot of lower valance without ugly license plate

close up of lower grille valance....

CORRECTION, measure 11 inches from center (total 22"), if you measure 12 inches from center you are going to have a hard time taking the grille in and out for adjustments when making the bracket

the piece of roush grille i used had a total of eight bars, i ended up painting the top 2 and lowest bar flat black upon final installation....USE MASKING TAPE TO COVER GRILLE DURING MOCK UP, or it'll get beat to h*ll by the time you are done with it! i used a dremel tool to cut it up....

used duct tape while mocking up the bracket...

inside shot of bracket

shot of bracket from oppsite, used all stanless nuts, bolt, washers, etc. and used loctite on everything....

looking down at metal bracket (made from 1/8" x 3/4" steel), took out the plastic screws that attach the rubber "water/puddle guard" to the bumper and replaced the plastic screws with stainless bolts, stop nuts, and sheet metal washers (slightly bent over the top of the washers so they wouldn't rub/cut into the rubber guard)....

that's the best i can do explaining what i did! good luck, Post on this thread if you have anymore questions ans i'll answer them the best i can!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Dude looks great. Love those 06-08 Oem 20s on there... nice!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Looks like it could be the next factory Limited model.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Where can I get the lower grill piece for my 2010 f150 Xlt?

Old 03-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Beautiful truck. I'm waiting on the 2011 models and plan to buy that exact truck, but in 2WD.

I wondered how it would look with the Harley heads/tails and it looks great! I think the PTM bumpers would look great as well.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Dude looks great. Love those 06-08 Oem 20s on there... nice!
thanks man, i still had them off of my old truck and figured i might as well save $1K and put the money towards aftermarket rims rather than paying for new stock 20's again....

Originally Posted by SFCFX4
Looks like it could be the next factory Limited model.
I am kind of going for that look, I did a lot of truck shopping before getting this truck and was considering an '08 Limited, problem was they were all used and cost just a few thousand less than what i could get a new truck with the "D-Plan"....

Originally Posted by Dirty_Joe03
Where can I get the lower grill piece for my 2010 f150 Xlt?
Originally, I got 2 of the Roush grilles for my '07 from the "Roush Overstock" ebay store....I think I paid around $180 for both, now I see they want $135 each, they must not have a million of them like they used to and are comfortable sitting on them for the right price....The piece I used was just a left over from the same mod I did on my '07....you might try the classifieds on this forum, I'm sure there's others with a chopped up Roush grille sitting in their garage collecting dust! Good luck!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROUSH...Q5fAccessories

Old 03-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks. What will I need to use to cut up the roush grill like you did? and are there any other parts I need besides the grill to put it on?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
i used a dremel tool with a circular cutting disc to cut up the grille.....and i guess the other parts you need is the steel and the time, i made the bracket from scratch so you need to be able to fabricate! otherwise you could probably figure out something by drilling holes and using zip ties! i did my lower valance on my 07 with the zip tie to license plate method...just wanted to do something a little more permanent this time around!

Quick Reply: my white sand lariat with: harley heads/tails, stealth bulbs, roush grille valance