2009 - 2014 F-150

Another locker question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another locker question...

Hey there,

Im looking into getting a 2010 XLT. It has 3.55's open. Do they make a e-locker kit for this that wont make the TCS go absolutely haywire? (as in stuck in my driveway/slow speed off-roading). I'd go with the FX4 but its A: to much $$ B: when im not in the rough I do a lot of highway driving so I want the 3.55s C: painted bumpers don't fly with me (rock chips -highway driving).

Now, at my dealership they do have an XLT which is just how I want it except it has the chrome package (sorry but chrome tow hooks are like polishing a shovel), and it has the LS rear. I'm not a fan of clutch based limited slip rears.

Thanks fellas

Old 03-22-2010, 02:05 PM
the 9.75 inch rear has been in use for years so finding a locker shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty sure detroit makes a selectable locker for it. As for TCS, I would say it shouldn't hurt it at all. I think the Fx4 has the same programming as an XLT and the TCS should only activate when the wheels are slipping separate from each other. If the diff is locked, TCS should lock the whole axle. Also, when a LS locks up, the TCS still works fine, right? Don't quote me on it, but I think you are good.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Ah, good. Thanks for the input.

So the next question is; how would the install of say, an eaton elocker, affect the warranty? (save the rear end, of course)

Quick Reply: Another locker question...