2009 - 2014 F-150

Opinions on leather interior on FX4

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another option you could go is (im not sure if it will help) white leather seats thats what i got & it looks just as good

Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM
I have the black sport cloth seats in my FX4 and love them. They are really comfortable and wearing well so far. Even has a nice detailed stitch on the edges. My last 3 cars had heated leather seats and I honestly don't miss it right now.

I don't know about the 2010 FX4s but the 09s FX4 leather was very Unappealing. It had a weird thatched weave design and was uncomfortable. Looked more like cheap vinyl. I'm comparing it to Chrysler, GM and Mercedes.
The sport cloth seats felt more comfortable IMO.

Maybe others with the FX4 leather can chime in about it. It was a turnoff for me.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
rok
Hey thanks for all the good responses. It is a tough decision. I think it would be nice to save over a grand if I go with the cloth. I can afford it if I do go with leather. But more money to get better tires if I go with cloth. Plus I will just be glad to have a badbutt truck for many hears to come regardless of the seat choice.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Sooner,
5% is illegal here in Texas, except for on the back. buth, the 35% ( or cheat and get the 25%) on the sides still keeps enough sun out to get it cooled down fast in the summer. I've had good experience with the Ford leather, but I know some others haven't. That said, the leather in our Chrysler 300 looks good as new after 5 years and two little ones constantly beating on it. I haven't had that much time yet with Ford leather. I can say that the cloth in my 2006 Srew was horrible when it comes to wear and it stained badly, even though I got the stain resistant stuff put on when I bought it. My 2010 was already starting to wear on the driver's side and it only had 10000 miles. And, I only weigh 150lbs, so it wasn't me causing it to wear. We'll see how the leather holds up. The black leather in my Mustang is good as new at 25K miles.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:20 AM
I've gone both ways. I figure it all depends on what your going to do to the interior. If you're a rough and tough person who feels a truck is something to abuse, get cloth. If you take care of your property get the leather. I have the black leather in my FX4 and I like the looks very much. The only issue I have is that it shows dust very easily, so more frequent dusting is in order. Everybody who has looked at my interior have fallen in love with it. GF really likes the back seat!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by racer114
Sooner,
5% is illegal here in Texas, except for on the back. buth, the 35% ( or cheat and get the 25%) on the sides still keeps enough sun out to get it cooled down fast in the summer.
It's illegal in Oklahoma, too, but there are tons of people who have tint that dark on their cars. If you aren't doing something dumb enough to get the cops' attention, it shouldn't be a problem. Not too many cops out there driving around looking for illegal tint, it usually ends up being a tacked-on ticket to a more major offense. I have only been pulled over once in my truck (got a warning), and I make sure to have the drivers window rolled down before the cop even gets out of the car. That way he can see me, and hopefully it puts him a bit more at ease walking up to the window, and he isn't likely to notice the dark tint.

As far as the leather is concerned, my truck has 44K on it at the moment and shows no signs of leather wear, but the padding is starting to flatten out on the drivers seat where you enter the truck. I'd still recommend the leather and at least heated seats.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:31 PM

I love my fx4 "sport leather" one more reason why i wanted the fx4 over an xlt or lariat. But if i recall correct its not "real" leather. I think i saw somewhere on here its a synthetic plastic leather, or something along those lines, and you dont want to use any leather treatments on them. I like the fact if you get anything on it you just wipe off with a wet rag.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 AM
What ! not real leather? I didn't know that. I feel cheated now.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:04 AM
ruffin it,

That is what I like about the leather/faux leather. I have two little kids who like to spill things. The leather in her 300 looks brand new, despite 5 years of abuse. I just continue to wipe it off. I also treat it with Mcguire's leather treatment 4 times a year or so. That stuff really helps. Hopefully the leather in my Lariat will hold up to this too! They don't get in my Mustang too often.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm in Southern Cali now and although I haven't had the truck in Summer yet, I have had a couple of 90+ degree days where the truck was parked in direct sunlight for hours. I hoped in in shorts and it was hot, not uncomfortable, but hot. It cools right down too. I love my leather seats and will probably never get cloth again. Good Luck

Old 03-25-2010, 10:58 AM
I moved from tan cloth to black Leather this last summer. I didn't notice a huge difference. 98 deg and humid as all hell is Hot no matter what you sit on.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leather/sliding out?

I have an 09 Lariat and do notice that I tend to kinda slide out due to the fact the step bar seems too close to the cab.....perhaps if it was 4 inches or so farther away it would be easier to step onto when getting out. I am concerned about how well the leather will hold up......too early to tell with only 2000km so far?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I have black leather onmy FX4 and it doesn't get hot...I have the legal tint on front and the rest are 20%

Old 03-25-2010, 11:54 PM
get the light colored leather

Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM
rok
wow that looks good. But not sure they offer it on the 2010 FX4.

Quick Reply: Opinions on leather interior on FX4