2009 - 2014 F-150

Opinions on leather interior on FX4

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a newbie to the F150 world and this is my first post.

Just picked up my new '10 FX4 w/Luxury Pkg 2 days ago and am absolutely loving it. I do have a concern about the leather seats in this truck because they look like a charcoal grey (not black) with a weave pattern in the center of the seat. The overall appearance seems cheap like its fake leather. When I looked at the broucher it says 'Sport Leather Trim' in the description for the FX4 Luxury Pkg. and there are 2 full page interior pics in the same broucher with the seats clearly shown as black (not charcoal grey) with no weave pattern.

Can someone post a pic of their 2010 FX4 w/Lux. pkg seats it would really put me at ease that this dealership didn't mess me around.

BTW, I've read several other posts on this site in the past week and learned more than any dealer I've talked to in the past 2 months, really glad I found this site.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Formula jg
I'm a newbie to the F150 world and this is my first post.

Just picked up my new '10 FX4 w/Luxury Pkg 2 days ago and am absolutely loving it. I do have a concern about the leather seats in this truck because they look like a charcoal grey (not black) with a weave pattern in the center of the seat. The overall appearance seems cheap like its fake leather. When I looked at the broucher it says 'Sport Leather Trim' in the description for the FX4 Luxury Pkg. and there are 2 full page interior pics in the same broucher with the seats clearly shown as black (not charcoal grey) with no weave pattern.

Can someone post a pic of their 2010 FX4 w/Lux. pkg seats it would really put me at ease that this dealership didn't mess me around.

BTW, I've read several other posts on this site in the past week and learned more than any dealer I've talked to in the past 2 months, really glad I found this site.

My 2010 is the same as you described. The dealership didn't pull a fast one on you.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by rok
I am a little isolated in Key West.
You live in an awesme location, I can taste the Conch Fritters at Crabbys ****'s as I sit here. I have done a fair amount of kayaking at The conch republic kayak at Geiger Key Marina. I understand that Jason is no longer there.
I love Key West, what a great place to visit or to live. I am jealous.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:23 AM
rain e,

Thanks for clarifying.
Do you know what type of leather they are cause they sure don't feel like it?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Formula jg
rain e,

Thanks for clarifying.
Do you know what type of leather they are cause they sure don't feel like it?
It's leather coated in plastic. As far as actual leather content being used, I think it's the front seat bottoms while the seat backs and the entire back seats done in a matching higher grade of vinyl than what's found in your ordinary work truck.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
SFCFX4,

Thanks man, I guess that's what they mean by "Sport" Leather Trim in the brochure description.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:31 AM
leather & tint

Momma love the leather with the grandchildren and now with ceramic tint available it is much cooler than even limo dark tint. It truly drops the temperature inside the ride.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm in Central FL, too hot for leather here. Makes my back sweat, and can burn the back of your legs when wearing shorts!

The cloth seats are much cooler by comparison. Leather seats are great for cooler climates.

I got lucky, my loaded FX4 didn't have leather or the Nav system, neither of which I wanted.

When in doubt, go to a Ford dealer in the middle of the day, hop in one with leather, and one without. Easy choice for me.

Quick Reply: Opinions on leather interior on FX4