2009 - 2014 F-150

Sirius Radio - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had my truck two years and I am in the middle of my second year that I paid for myself. I love it. I am considering going for the lifetime plan.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 AM

Last edited by dronenbphk; 03-05-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I love it and I've had it now for about 5 years in various vehicles. No commercials. I don't know about anywhere else, but in DFW, Texas, all the local stations hit commercials at the same time during rush hour(s) and it sucks. Not to mention that you get to hear the same traffic updates a million times while stuck in the back up. I'll pay the fee for Sirius any day.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
I have had Sirius for several years now but this is my first vehicle with it installed from the factory. My first inclination is to say "Hell yes, I'm renewing", but with the SYNC system I'm not so sure. With my Blackberry I am able to stream Pandora for free in the truck. But the USB port is the biggest reason that I am unsure about Sirius. I purchased an 8GB USB flash drive from Amazon for $16. I then put nearly 6GB of mp3s on the drive. Plug it into the port and I now have more music than I'll ever use. It is physically a small flash drive so I just leave it plugged in all the time. I try and keep my music well named and classified, so I can have it play a particular artist, album, genre, etc. whenever I want. The only downside is that I won't hear any new artists.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I was pretty excited about the Sirius Radio in my truck at first, however, with my Ipod hooked up to the USB 2 and the Jukebox I find that I hardly ever listen to the radio anymore. The one feature I will miss by not renewing is the Travel Link for fuel prices, movie times, traffic, etc. Just not sure if I can justify renewing for just those features since I seldom listen to the radio.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Girlfriend added a year to my subscription over christmas, she got it for 86 canadian and then we got 2 gift cards for esso in the mail from sirius (worth $25 each). I like it but our radio stations where I am arent' great, you can listen to old rock, country, pop music or french. I usually just listen to 21, 24, 28 or 85 though. Jason Ellis on Faction is hilarious, listen to him whenever I can....Red Dragons!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM
I enjoy it put dont care for the price they are trying to offer me. They called e last week and I believe it was over 120 a month. Ive read where lots of members have gotten it for 77 a year once their subscription ran out. Once mine runs out I will call them and see if I can get that 77 a year win back promo. If not ill stick to CDs and local stations. One thing I really like are the sports channels. If im on the road I can listen to the games that im missing.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I absolutely love Sirius radio and have had it for 2 years. I listen to a ton of different genres, so I like having several stations of each genre to choose from. The other advantage if you listen to modern rock/modern alternative/new country is that SiriusXM usually plays new artists about 3 months before they get played on terrestrial radio stations. They also don't usually get a hold of one song and play it every hour on the hour like most radio stations do.

I also like being able to get a hold of the NCAA/NFL games when I happen to not be able to be in front of a tv to catch them. I could care less about Howard Stern or the other talk stuff though. Comedy channels are good for a change of pace, too.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:01 PM
SiruisXM

I've had Sirius for 6 years. I have a receiver that travels with me in the truck and into the office, and one that stays at home for my wife. I bet I listen an average of 11 hours a day.

I installed my Starmate in the new truck because it has all my artist, song and game seeks already in it. Plus I can pause it when I get a call while I am driving.

It's nice to have access to whatever genre I am in the mood for as well as Howard and Bubba.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I've had satellite radio (first XM, then Sirrius) for 6 or 7 years and would not be without it. I travel cross country a lot in the summer/fall and it's so nice not to have stations fade out - like on a Cowboys game or a Nascar race, just when it gets exciting. I also enjoy the old-time radio classics and music variety.

I suppose if I just drove locally I cold get by with a CD changer and iPod, but if you do any road time, Sirrius is worth the price. I recently drove a rental while my truck was in the body shop for 10 days. I'd completely forgotten what local radio was like - and now that I've been reminded, I'm glad Ihave my truck with the CDs, iPod and Sirrius back!!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I have had it on other trucks and plan on keeping it with this one. I like to go on road trips and where else can you get the selection with no fade in 20 minutes on the highway.

John

Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I have XM in my truck and they are running a special now 5 months for $20 so I reactivated yesterday, lol

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio - Yes or No?