2009 - 2014 F-150

Sirius Radio - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Radio - Yes or No?

Those with Sirius get the six month free ride, but do you intend to keep it going by paying for it?

Myself I don't see myself continuing it. I keep bouncing from station to station when music comes on I don't want to hear. MY CD changer fits the need just fine. What say you all?

Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 PM
CD1
Not sure yet. I've only had it for two days. It seems like I'll only use about 5 or 6 of the available chanels.

If I was forced to decide today I'd say no. The Sync systems makes it too easy to use Bluetooth streaming to pull music off my iPhone. Really, really cool.

The first time I got in the truck and drove off with my phone in my pocket I was a bit surprised that the radio just started playing my music. I love it.

I've got a 6 disc changer too but I'm not sure how many CD's I'll be using. Maybe I'll load CD's up with MP3 files...I'll get more on the discs.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 PM
The six months isn't exactly a free ride since it costs around $195 for the Sirius option. I did get the Sirius and Sync because I figured, if I think I'll ever want it, better order it up-front. I do like listening to Sirius, but I don't spend that much time in my truck so, unless they offer me a bargain price to renew, it will stay non-functional when the subscription expires. With Sync I can plug in my iPod or a USB memory stick with a lot of music on them or listen to the radio or the CD player for less than Sirius wants. Having Sirius would then be an extra plus when I decide to sell or trade at some time in the future.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Mine expired and so did my dads. When you leave your "area" About 100 miles or so you get it back after it expires. My dad went to TN from LA and he said they had it pretty much the entire trip.

They have called me twice for me to resubscribe. 224 for 2 years..LOL and then 120 something for a year.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Is it worth the cost? Only you will know the answer.

If you travel much, it's a great option to have. No stations to fade out to static, no station searching, just listen to your favorite selections.

If you do mostly small amounts of city driving, you can probably do without.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 PM
there is a post on getting the radio for about $100 for a year under the siruis radio section, i dunno, i found myself just channel flicking anyway and started to get sick of howard, all he ever talked about was being an american idol judge and then artie lange left...my subscription expired and i didn't re-subscribe, now i just channel flick and if nothing is good i just switch over to the ipod....the crummy part is i'm pretty sure the weather, gas prices, sports score updates are powered sirius (which i never really used anyway, that's what the internet is for), would rather save my money and put it towards mods for my truck....

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM
I've had Sirius for 6 years. I love it.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 AM
I paid for it after the 6 months was up. Something like $90 for 1 year. I'm not that particular in my music tastes so I enjoy listening to any of a variety of stations rather than spending time loading up an iPod or CD's.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I kept it. I travel alot and it is nice to be able to get good music wherever you travel. I havent listened to traditional radio in months. Once I got used to my favorite stations and formats I really enjoy. Not so much at first. Betwee sirius and my 16gb thumb drive I am set.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 AM
i just think the Sirius is good for howard or other talk radio for long trips, i had had Sirius for all the long driving i did over the past 2 years but now that is over....if i want to listen to music i really like i take care of that with my ipod and limeware for free downloads....

Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 AM
I have had my new truck for about six weeks now, and I love it! I plan on renewing when the free trial expires, not just for the music and talk radio (Fox News) but also the travel link is very handy. I have a lot of music on my Ipod and a flash drive but sometimes it's nice to listen to a radio station, especially without commercials! Sirius reminds me of how FM radio was like back in the seventies (yeah I know I'm old)!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sirius/BTLS

I was pulled into the Bubba Army on 101 and now I cant unsubscribe!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 AM
i like not having to find new radio stations on longer trips, i got a offer for 5 months for the price of one so about 20. As long as they keep giving me that i think it is worth it, 10 months and running so far!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 AM
i loved the bubba army as well, but after a while he got old....

Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Mine expired and I am deciding on whether to renew or not...depends on the deal they give me, otherwise I can live without it.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio - Yes or No?