2009 - 2014 F-150

will after-market exhuast void my warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will after-market exhuast void my warranty???

haven't had any problems yet but the first thing i did was get aftermarket duals put on my truck...if i have any problems with the engine, will ford jip me by saying i modified the exhaust???? thanks! (if it does i'll just put the stock exhaust before taking it in and asking what the problem is)....

Old 03-24-2010, 02:29 AM
i wondered the same thing when i first got my truck. sorry i couldnt help, but im interested as well

Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 AM
unless they can prove the aftermarket mod (any mod) was the reason for a failure in the truck u r good to go.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by superpoppa
unless they can prove the aftermarket mod (any mod) was the reason for a failure in the truck u r good to go.
Good morning!

That is, unfortunately a Utopian attitude. M-M Act notwithstanding, there are still many unscrupulous dealers who WILL shaft you for very little cause. Good luck litigating, as they also have deeper pockets. And, they know it. The burden, and penalty usually ends up falling on the truck owner.

Corollary - there are some very good dealers too - some of these even sell, install and warrant a lot of the aftemarket stuff (exhaust, tuners, etc). Find one of these - they are gems

Bottom line - you play - expect to pay. May have wanted to ask this question of yer respective dealer before purchase, hmmm?

As for exhaust on a 2009+? Last thing I'd even consider changing as the stocker is very, very good, perf-wise. Highly likely all you'd be doing is hurting performance with *****-nilly aftermarket crap - especially Farmasters . If it is strictly for sound, then knock yerself out.

Good luck.

MGD v4.3

Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
thanks for the info, like i said no problems so far, just curious....

Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
u'll be fine man, nothing to worry about, got an exhaust on mine too. based on ur sig its a cat-back system so the truck will be fine and if anything happens to the exhaust itself the kit usually has a warranty as well. hope u enjoy the sound and look!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 PM
the sound is what i like! love to shift with the pistol grip at the lights, i also like passing idiots and making them aware of my presence!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by wisconsinFX4
the sound is what i like! love to shift with the pistol grip at the lights, i also like passing idiots and making them aware of my presence!!!!
I LOVE my truck and am not disappointed with the 5.4 but making people "aware of my presence"? Not really in the 5.4 blood.

I was actually disappointed in the performance of my old 5.4L until I towed with it. That same truck that didn't seem to have a lot of umph damn sure impressed me when towing 6k lbs.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Justi
I LOVE my truck and am not disappointed with the 5.4 but making people "aware of my presence"? Not really in the 5.4 blood.

I was actually disappointed in the performance of my old 5.4L until I towed with it. That same truck that didn't seem to have a lot of umph damn sure impressed me when towing 6k lbs.
well its the best i can do right now...i thought about the tuner but the "thought" is how far i've gotten....i think it still has some umpf somewhat stock...will look into tuners more once im out of warranty im thinkin....

Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 AM
I am old enough I apreciate a nice stainless tip and that is all.

A muffle shouldn't viod the engine but stranger things have happened lately. They told me the Magnaflow system on my F250 caused the turbo to pin too fast due to reduced back pressure, lol. Moss Magnuson is very expensive to prove against Ford in court. We went through years of this with Lightings and diesels... We lost 90%. But a muffler should not hurt anything but hearing and NVH's...

Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Having seen your truck Jeff I know people will be aware of it's presence.

What exhaust do you have on it, any drone? Sounds good from the outside.
The Magnaflow system I put on has a bad drone. Going to swap out the muffler for a bigger one this weekend.

Thanks again for the lights I have the HD tails but not heads. I looked at taking them apart last night, looks like a tough job. I may just do some taping and tinting on them.

Quick Reply: will after-market exhuast void my warranty???