2009 - 2014 F-150

For iphone/ipod users

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For iphone/ipod users

After picking up my '10 F-150 and being so excited about the ability to charge and play my iPod through the Sync USB port, I lost a little bit of excitement with the huge cable that comes with the iPhone. It just sits there all curled up in the console area because it is too long. After not being able to sleep the other night, I came upon a product called iStubz, which is basically a shortened version of the original iPod cable. You can get them in 2 lengths and also in white or black. I have the black one in 22cm ordered and thought I would let some of you guys who may be interested in on my find. It should clean up my front tray a little bit having a little less cable bundled up. Also, the black color will blend in a little better with the rest of the interior.

You can order it through the company that makes them: Cable Jive. Just search istubz on google and it will come up. I am not endorsing this product yet, as I haven't received mine, just letting you guys know it is something that is available.

Here is a shot I found on the internet of the product:

Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Great idea, but why not just do this inexpensive mod: http://www.f150forum.com/f38/mystic-...sb-port-19345/
Then you can eliminate the cords from view and the Ipod.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I got one of these for a buck and some change. Retractable.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Thats cool. I hooked mine up to the 2nd usb port in the back of the dash. Routed the cable and now the ipod stays in the glove compartment the whole time. Good find tho!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by 09KingRanch
Great idea, but why not just do this inexpensive mod: http://www.f150forum.com/f38/mystic-...sb-port-19345/
Then you can eliminate the cords from view and the Ipod.
That's a great mod and I am familiar with it, but I use the cord a lot as a way to charge my iPhone. Easier for me to just plug it in the front, rather than have to open the center console every time I get in and out of the truck.

I just figured there might be other people like me that would be interested in these cables. Not to mention they are cheaper than replacement iPod cables.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by lrhogfan
That's a great mod and I am familiar with it, but I use the cord a lot as a way to charge my iPhone. Easier for me to just plug it in the front, rather than have to open the center console every time I get in and out of the truck.

I just figured there might be other people like me that would be interested in these cables. Not to mention they are cheaper than replacement iPod cables.
Understand. Makes a lot more sense with an I phone to have it out where you can get to it easily. My Ipod literally lives in my glove box since it is used almost exclusively in my truck.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
I used the USB2 mod with a thumb drive with my itunes folder copied on it. I like having my front port open to charge my iPhone. Like the iStubz def going to get one of those in black. Thanks for the find.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
I have my iPhone and my iPod. With my 08 F-150 I use the brandmotion device and leave the iPod in the glove compartment. I also have the truck charger for the iPhone, but do not want to plug the iPhone into the truck in case I need to use it as a phone while driving.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
I have my iPhone and my iPod. With my 08 F-150 I use the brandmotion device and leave the iPod in the glove compartment. I also have the truck charger for the iPhone, but do not want to plug the iPhone into the truck in case I need to use it as a phone while driving.
Get a truck with the Sync and you will never pick up your phone again. I was really thrown off guard the first time I got in the truck while I was on the phone and all of a sudden it automatically switched to hands free. Now, the only reason I won't plug the phone in is if I am only going down the street. Or, if my phone is already fully charged. With these iPhones though, the amount of battery they eat up, it's never a bad idea to keep it charged up.

Quick Reply: For iphone/ipod users