2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone Remove Painted Mirror Skull Caps

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Remove Painted Mirror Skull Caps

Just picked up my '10 S/C. The package came with painted caps on the TT mirrors. In 3 words, I Hate Them. If I remove them will the mirror underneath be the same black plastic as the rest of the mirror or do I need to buy Black plastic caps ? Thanks.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
You will have to remove the mirror glass and unscrew the mirror front front which frees up the skull cap. Then you will need a set of replacement caps (they also come in black pebble-grain or chrome) swap them out and reverse the disassembly steps. What color are yours? Someone might want to swap their plain caps for them.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 AM
I wanted to remove my chrome caps and have them PTMed. Not overly fussy about the chrome, but reading over some posts, you have to be pretty careful not to break the mirror while prying it off.

What colour are yours?

Old 03-27-2010, 12:31 PM
plain oxford white. did i mention i HATE the way they look. actually I hate the whole trailer tow mirror. I do have a brand new pair of non-trailer tow without the puddle light that were off my 07, i should see if they fit.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by tele
plain oxford white. did i mention i HATE the way they look. actually I hate the whole trailer tow mirror. I do have a brand new pair of non-trailer tow without the puddle light that were off my 07, i should see if they fit.
If they dont fit, there are a set of non-tow mirrors for sale in the 09 classifieds. Their are actually the mirrors from my truck stock. I wanted the tow mirrors, so Boataddict picked them up off of me, but his truck already came with the power everything mirrors... they are Blue Flame though

Quick Reply: Anyone Remove Painted Mirror Skull Caps