2009 - 2014 F-150

Has anyone put bigger tires on a 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is now calibrated and still doing this...my warranty will not cover whatever it is...I should have left well enough alone. I think I'm pulling it out and putting those awful Pirelli scorpions back on. I will also write a letter to ford demanding to know why the hell they would put such a low profile tire on an offroad package! I'm so fed up with this. I hate to even take a picture of the truck, it looks so good. If this is going to screw up my warranty, which the Ford dealer said they could always blame the bigger tire for any powertrain issue, I just want it back to normal. This is costing me an arm and a leg!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:25 PM

I have 35's on my 2010 and i dont have that problem. Get somebody to be outside of the truck looking and listening to where the noise is coming from to doble check its not the tires rubbing. And TC does stay off after 35mph, its the other two systems that are the ones that will come back on .

Last edited by ruffn-it; 03-30-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
The TC light has been coming on. If I turn the TC off, it stops. It is happening when I take a 90 degree turn in between 15 and 20 mph. Its going back for one more trip to the computer. It has to be tire related because I had the AS leveling kit in for 5 days before I got the tires...no problem. I've learned one thing from this experience. With these new cars loaded with computers, don't buy it expecting to alter something very much. It makes me sick to think I'm going to have low profile tires, I may be selling my 20" rims to buy some 18's. I need sidewall.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by MTNEER
The TC light has been coming on. If I turn the TC off, it stops. It is happening when I take a 90 degree turn in between 15 and 20 mph. Its going back for one more trip to the computer. It has to be tire related because I had the AS leveling kit in for 5 days before I got the tires...no problem. I've learned one thing from this experience. With these new cars loaded with computers, don't buy it expecting to alter something very much. It makes me sick to think I'm going to have low profile tires, I may be selling my 20" rims to buy some 18's. I need sidewall.
I will trade you!

Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM
I have this problem also. I have an 09 FX4 Screw w/ a 2' level kit and BFG 305 65 18's.
I guarantee it is not rubbing but is the traction control activating. i also see the light come on on the dash. it happens with i turn 90 degrees to an uneven surface, as in a dip or the street i am turning onto is at a different level that where i came from. I have found that if i go slow where i know it's going to happen i can prevent it but it surprises me sometimes. there's guy on another forum that it happens to and he doesn't have larger tires.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I have stokc 18's and I am noticing that the ABS and TC systems are way too sensitive! They are coming on at times when there is no need for them! I have a little muddy/muck area where half my truck on at my house. when I drive onto it at 2mph i can hear the tC already kicking in..I'm thinking...WHAT? I'm going 2mph, and there is NO need to be this sensitive! If its this sensitive with stock tires , I'm sure any slight change which puts more drag on the TC system will activate it even easier.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:50 AM
The dealer near me (not the one I bought it from) is telling me they can make the TC less sensitive. rpfireman, you are describing the exact same issue. I'll be sure to find out what they do if they are able to fix it.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:17 PM
I also have the EXACT same problem with my 2009 FX4. I have 35s with a 2" leveling kit as well. For months I searched for rub marks, even had our bodyshop do some trimming. I work at a dealer and our service department said it was the traction control kicking on the ABS and Throttle response. When it happens the truck completely slows itself down, REAL pain in the A$$.

Last edited by Oregon3504; 03-31-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Any new updates on this problem? My truck will be here in a week and I expect the same problems.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2010, 12:30 PM
The Ford dealer, with a dedicated truck center, and a mechanic experienced with the AS 2" lift, got together with Ford and couldn't come up with a solution. It's all coming out today! DO NOT DO THIS SET UP!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:40 PM
So I have pulled a brand new set of BFG AllTerrain T/A ko's off my truck, and was lucky enough to buy back my original tires for the same amount I traded them in. I have 4 285/65/20 BFG All Terrain T/A KO's E rated for sale. They go for $328 each + shipping on tirerack. They are brand new, with under 200 miles on them, still under warranty, sitting at my tire shop ready to ship today! They are going on Craigs list locally, and on eBay tomorrow. If you have a 2008 and older, these things will work great. I am also pulling out the AS 2" leveling kit. With these puny Pirelli's it looks terrible. If you don't have traction control on a 2009 or 2010, it might be worth buying the whole kit and kaboodle. PM me.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM
I bet some of the issue with the truck being level and not on a rack

reason why I think is I tow a small trailer that sits my truck dead level and when I take fast shape turns under 20 mph it kicks in

also I don't know how others with 6 inch lift kits and 35s have no issues

Old 04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
That might be, but if it were the leveling kit, why doesn't it do it with the stock tires on it?

Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 PM
i have 35s and the traction contol comes on way more than it should.I just take it as a characteristic of having large tires.i thought at first it was rubbing but not at all.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by rpfireman
I have this problem also. I have an 09 FX4 Screw w/ a 2' level kit and BFG 305 65 18's.
I guarantee it is not rubbing but is the traction control activating. i also see the light come on on the dash. it happens with i turn 90 degrees to an uneven surface, as in a dip or the street i am turning onto is at a different level that where i came from. I have found that if i go slow where i know it's going to happen i can prevent it but it surprises me sometimes. there's guy on another forum that it happens to and he doesn't have larger tires.
i agree

Quick Reply: Has anyone put bigger tires on a 2010?