2009 - 2014 F-150

Has anyone put bigger tires on a 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im running a 2.5'' level kit in the front on my 09 with OE 18's and 35x12.5 mud terrains. havent had a single issue with rubbing as of yet and it been about 4 months. BUT, turning uphill around any corners where the traction may be less than desirable(even at less than 10 km/h) my traction control still goes off like its possessed. ive also taken it to the dealer and they've re-calibrated for 305's but it seems like we are all having issues with that damn traction control. what a pain let me tell ya, especially if you are hauling a trailer.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I wrote an e-mail to FORD, but recieved no response. I ended up pulling the leveling kit out, selling my tires, and decided to patiently wait for someone to figure it out.

I figure by the time my warranty is finished and these low profile scorpions are worn out, I'll put it back in and have a way to fix the traction control issue.

FYI for the guy who has the leveling kit, but left the stock tires on it. You won't have a problem. It is when you add the bigger tires, that the computer gets screwed up. I ran mine with the leveling kit and stock tires for a week with no problems, other than the huge gap between my tires and the fender. Keep this thing alive until we get an answer. eventually someone will figure out how to make this set up work in the new trucks.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Hmmmm.....Guess I will just HAVE to buy a 6" kit instead of just leveling...LOL

"but honey, If I don't buy the 6" lift the TC will be messed up, and we don't want to have problems with a brand new truck?!?!"

Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 AM
I have a 2" kit and 305/65/18's and have had the traction control go off about 5 times in 2000 miles. I can live with that for sure.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by MTNEER
I wrote an e-mail to FORD, but recieved no response. I ended up pulling the leveling kit out, selling my tires, and decided to patiently wait for someone to figure it out.

I figure by the time my warranty is finished and these low profile scorpions are worn out, I'll put it back in and have a way to fix the traction control issue.

FYI for the guy who has the leveling kit, but left the stock tires on it. You won't have a problem. It is when you add the bigger tires, that the computer gets screwed up. I ran mine with the leveling kit and stock tires for a week with no problems, other than the huge gap between my tires and the fender. Keep this thing alive until we get an answer. eventually someone will figure out how to make this set up work in the new trucks.
I had my leveling kit and AAL on for about 6 months before I got my 35s. I had this issue then, it just happens more often now.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Well, count me in as having his same issue.... Here's the post I made before I was pointed to this one https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...lp-needed.html

Dumb question, what happens if we just ignore the TC kicking in? Is it "bad" for the truck in some way?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm new to the traction control.. what exactly does it do when it comes on, and does why is the button there if we cant turn it off manually??

Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
MTNEER, I'm sorry to hear that you've had all this trouble but you're not alone on this one. I've had this problem all along and thought it was my 325s. Granted they do rub on the upper control arms a little at full lock. I disabled the Traction Control this morning (pressed and held the button for five seconds) and drove it to work with no noises at the three usual spots that I hear it. I'll try it again this afternoon and let you know what I find.

Seems like I've read on one of these forums that a tuner can disable the TC with a custom tune.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:22 PM

It's probably already been mentioned, but has anyone tried pulling the traction control fuse under the hood? I'm pretty sure i saw one in the manual for it. Just a thought.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think there is fuse for just the traction control. There is one fuse under the hood for the RSC module.

I've driven the truck everywhere the last two days with the TCS disabled and have not heard the noise at all. No big deal to just hit the button the dash.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
wait so is the traction control always on and then the button shuts it off? Or is the the TC always off and the button turns it on? Also do you have to turn it on and off every time the truck shuts off and starts again?

Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Maxout05
wait so is the traction control always on and then the button shuts it off? Or is the the TC always off and the button turns it on? Also do you have to turn it on and off every time the truck shuts off and starts again?
It is always on, unless you shut it off manually. When you shut the truck off it resets and will be on again when you start the truck.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
It is on by default each time you start the truck. Pressing the button turns it off. You will see the swerving lines on the display by the odometer when it's off.

You can press the button for five seconds and that will disable Rollover Stability Control, Electronic Stability Control and the Traction Control System. Just tap the button and that only disables the TCS which is all I've done. Check page 283 of you owners manual.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by CyberJeff
It is always on, unless you shut it off manually. When you shut the truck off it resets and will be on again when you start the truck.
Originally Posted by csarvis
It is on by default each time you start the truck. Pressing the button turns it off. You will see the swerving lines on the display by the odometer when it's off.

You can press the button for five seconds and that will disable Rollover Stability Control, Electronic Stability Control and the Traction Control System. Just tap the button and that only disables the TCS which is all I've done. Check page 283 of you owners manual.

Alright guys thanks to you both for helping me understand it. I just got the truck two weeks ago and my 05 had none of this stuff. The book confused me because it lists it all for all models at the same time i wasnt sure 100% what it meant.

I plan on doing 2" A.S. on this truck with either 305 65 18's or 295 70 17's so im sure i'll need the knowledge for these issues down the road.

I just cant leave trucks stock, lol!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Maxout05

I just cant leave trucks stock, lol!
x2

Quick Reply: Has anyone put bigger tires on a 2010?