2009 - 2014 F-150

Finally got rest of mods installed (pics)...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got rest of mods installed (pics)...

Well, after the lift, wheels/tires, exhaust, grille, and light bar got all done I was dying to finish the rest of my mods. So spent the weekend installing my AMP Research power retractable side steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, and hooking up my PIAA lights. Thought I would post some pics on how things turned out!

Half a day worth of work in the garage and finally have the AMP Reseach power retractable sidesteps installed:

Sidesteps fully extended when doors open:

Sidesteps fully retracted when doors close:

Fully retracted with maximum clearance:

BakFlip G2 Tonneau cover installed:

PIAA lights wired; no visible wires to truck as I custom wired through lightbar:

PIAA switches mounted on center console:

PIAA lights during day time:

Finished!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Very nice!

I love the AMP sidesteps, just don't know if I can spend that kind of money on 'em!

I'm assuming you posted about your grille elsewhere. I'm gonna have to look that up....

Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 AM
I just sent a email to Street Scene, this is the grille he has but he got it from his shop that he had the work done so he is not sure where to locate the grille. I will let you know what I find out, they sure make it hard to purchase a grille! It's part #950-80762 billet cut out grille.

On another note I just got the same truck minus the two tone. It's fully loaded and it made my 07 F150 look WAY OUTDATED on the inside. SOOO NICE, SOO MANY TOYS!!!LOVE THE WHITE FX4!!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:33 AM
looks great!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:16 AM
rok
Originally Posted by neuler
I just sent a email to Street Scene, this is the grille he has but he got it from his shop that he had the work done so he is not sure where to locate the grille. I will let you know what I find out, they sure make it hard to purchase a grille! It's part #950-80762 billet cut out grille.

On another note I just got the same truck minus the two tone. It's fully loaded and it made my 07 F150 look WAY OUTDATED on the inside. SOOO NICE, SOO MANY TOYS!!!LOVE THE WHITE FX4!!!!
Glad you found the part number. I was looking everywhere for that grille as well.

But Desert Dawg your ride is awesome! Loved it the first time I saw it. Nice work!!

Last edited by rok; 04-06-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Below is a link for anyone looking for this grille... like I said above I will keep you posted on what they say but if you want to check it out see link. IT'S THE VERY BOTTOM GRILLE ON LINK PAGE

http://www.streetsceneeq.com/product_list.asp?mi=5

Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
love your truck man, nice work

Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

very slick wiring. nice work. and great job on the switches.

is there an option on the steps to extend them without the doors open?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:01 PM

Thanks all...was actually fun doing the installs.

Originally Posted by neuler

Thanks neuler....I can't believe that the grille is that hard to find, but glad you found the part numbers as I checked my invoice and couldn't find any part numbers. Congrats and good luck on your new truck too!

Originally Posted by thejake1989
very slick wiring. nice work. and great job on the switches.

is there an option on the steps to extend them without the doors open?
Hey jake...thanks! There is no option built in to extend the steps with the doors closed. I close the door to the point of almost latching to keep the steps out when I want to use them but as soon as you latch the door shut completely the steps will retract. I assume it would be possible to rig a switch up prior to tapping the harness but hadn't really thought about it. Good idea though.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 04-06-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
nh3
I'm not sure what I like more. The truck, the house or New Mexico. It all looks good.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your truck is beautiful
hahaha, i love it, it looks great and hell....i think all fx4's should come like that
real good job on the truck man

Old 04-06-2010, 03:32 PM
You make me hate my truck.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Hey jake...thanks! There is no option built in to extend the steps with the doors closed. I close the door to the point of almost latching to keep the steps out when I want to use them but as soon as you latch the door shut completely the steps will retract. I assume it would be possible to rig a switch up prior to tapping the harness but hadn't really thought about it. Good idea though.
I believe if you put your foot on the step while closing the door it has an "anti-pinch" feature and will stay extended (allows for accessing the roof/cleaning snow etc). Once you open and close a door again it resets itself.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks again everyone! And I agree with coobies...the FX4s should come with more offroad gear on them.

Originally Posted by FX4-LX
I believe if you put your foot on the step while closing the door it has an "anti-pinch" feature and will stay extended (allows for accessing the roof/cleaning snow etc). Once you open and close a door again it resets itself.

You're brillant FX4-LX! I just tried it and you are right about anti-pinch feature. What is funny is that this is the third truck I have installed these steps on and never knew about that feature. Okay, maybe not so funny when you consider the operator here. :o

Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
No problem, glad to help!

Quick Reply: Finally got rest of mods installed (pics)...