2009 - 2014 F-150

Another Factory TBC Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Factory TBC Install Question

I hooked up the factory TBC I ordered and took it to the dealership to have it programmed. They're telling me it is defective, but I wanted to check here before ordering another one.

I plugged it into the harness located behind the driver's side cubbie hole, and I installed the fuse and the circuit relay under the hood, but it shows no signs of getting power.

The information center hasn't shown any signs it's been connected and the buttons don't light up when the key is switched to the "On" position (according to the threads I've read on this site, that would support the dealership's conclusion).

Am I missing something? Also, what is the wiring harness under the steering column used for?

Thanks

2010 F-150 SCrew 4x4 (Platinum)

Old 04-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I just recently installed the IBC in mine. I also have a '10 Platinum. It was a bit confusing at first, since the controller is different for the '09s and '10s. The controller for the '09s have a built in display while the one for the '10s has no readout. It just has the brake slider and buttons to add or remove brake power. It sends all messages thru the truck's info center. Also, I didn't have a harness attached to the back of the cubby. The one for the controller was located just under and to the right of the steering column on mine.

I hope it helps, and maybe someone else with more experience will chime in.

Regards,

Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 PM
it Sounds like you could have gotten the TBC for the 2009 check your part # and make sure it is AL3Z-19H332-AA there shouldnt be any lights on this one.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:13 AM
The "-" and "+" are lit on mine, but as stated earlier, no display on the MY10's

Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I do have the correct model. There is no display on it, just a "+", "-", and slider for controls. The + and - don't ever light up even though it's plugged in. I guess it's just a bad one. I'll post an update when I have time to get it swapped out.

I'm still curious about the harness mounted under the steering column. Is that for the service diagnostic/programming computer?

Thanks again!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:23 AM
?

Originally Posted by crash26
Thanks everyone for the replies. I do have the correct model. There is no display on it, just a "+", "-", and slider for controls. The + and - don't ever light up even though it's plugged in. I guess it's just a bad one. I'll post an update when I have time to get it swapped out.

I'm still curious about the harness mounted under the steering column. Is that for the service diagnostic/programming computer?

Thanks again!
I don't know if you have your IBC working yet but this is not a simple plug and play device. You need to have the truck hooked up to the computer at the dealership so they can turn the IBC feature on in the trucks computer. From what I understand, it is a fast procedure.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Also know that my + and - did not light up at night until the dealer programmed it... You may want to find another dealer to program it.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 AM
That's very interesting. I haven't had time to deal with it yet but that makes me think the unit might be just fine. Thank you!

Old 05-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by crash26
That's very interesting. I haven't had time to deal with it yet but that makes me think the unit might be just fine. Thank you!
Let me know how it goes with the install and programming, I'm interested in doing this with mine. Does it matter if it's a 4x4 or 4x2?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kirch3333
Let me know how it goes with the install and programming, I'm interested in doing this with mine. Does it matter if it's a 4x4 or 4x2?
Will do. It will probably be sometime next month before I have time to take it in.

I don't believe it matters as long as you have the factory tow package.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I know this has been forever ago, but the issue was recently resolved. I guess my dealer was unfamiliar with how to program the unit once it was hooked up. Anyway, they did finally program it correctly and now it's working. That was the only problem.

Thanks for the replies and insight.

Quick Reply: Another Factory TBC Install Question