2009 - 2014 F-150

Platinum White Lariat with aftermarket wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Platinum White Lariat with aftermarket wheels?

Anybody have one? I know it sounds like a strange request for a specific color, but I'm looking at new wheels for my truck and I'm not sure what kind of finish I want to go with. I had black 20x10 XD monsters on my old truck, and LOVED them...but I'm not sure how a flat black wheel would look on a platinum white truck. I have been kicking around the idea of going with a machined finish wheel with black accents (like the XD addicts), but again...I'm not sure how they would look with that color of truck. I know chrome looks good, but I don't want the hassle of chrome anymore...been there, done that...and I don't want to deal with the pitted chrome after a few winters.

I have seen plenty of trucks that are "storm troopered out", but most of those trucks are all white with a few black accents, and don't have any chrome like the Lariats do.

Anybody?

Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm in the same situation, but I think I am going to go with chrome because I am going to use the OEM wheels in the winter. I've had polished aluminum before but they were high maintenance!!! always polishing them.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by 2010fordf150
I'm in the same situation, but I think I am going to go with chrome because I am going to use the OEM wheels in the winter. I've had polished aluminum before but they were high maintenance!!! always polishing them.
Yeah, I had polished aluminum wheels on my old truck before I bought the Monsters...I won't be doing that again either. I guess I could consider chrome if I switched back to the stockers for the winter, but I'm not sure if I want to hassle with it that much. I guess I will have to wait and see what kind of deals I can find before I make my mind up.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I am considering getting some black XD's and having them powder coated a metallic silver. I have had the chrome, etc and think this might be a nice change with virtually no maintenance.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by 09-F1KR
I am considering getting some black XD's and having them powder coated a metallic silver. I have had the chrome, etc and think this might be a nice change with virtually no maintenance.

That's a good idea, a friend of mine owns a powder coating shop, and he said he can do a set of 20's for around $400. That's for sand blasting, acid dip, powder coat, and clear coat...I may have to look into doing this also. I like silver wheels, but there are none on the market that I'm too fond of.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:55 PM
i'm in the same boat as all of you other white platinum/white sand lariats...i wanna go with a black rim w/ chrome accents this time around too but what wheels to choose? i have been looking at the black XD monsters....this is thread thread i just started in the wheels/tires section...you can see my truck with both the chrome and black monsters on it...and i also posted a link on page 2 of a white sand 08 era F150 with black rims that caught my eye. good luck! https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...ter-ideas.html

Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I know this is an old thread, but did you White Sand guys ever figure out if black wheels look good on our color trucks? I have an '08 S-Cab Lariat, White Sand...I've been eye-balling the 22" FOOSE DF-6 Flat Black with the Chrome Accent...
They also make it with gloss black and chrome lip...
ARGH!!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I also am kicking around the idea of powder coating my stock 20's flat black on my White fx4.... Then putting my 33 nitto's on them for winter tires... ANY PICS!!???

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I've got the "chrome package" so there's the stock 18" 2008 chrome CLAD wheels. They wouldn't be so bad if the wheel was chrome instead of having a chrome cover on the cast wheel. Still...I'm wanting bigger than the 18"s. I just ordered the ground force shackles to lower/level the rear. Those are going on the weekend after I get back from Iraq!!
No pics...since I am currently in Iraq so I can't get any into one of these message boards either. Plenty of pics of those wheels if you google them...

Quick Reply: Platinum White Lariat with aftermarket wheels?