2009 - 2014 F-150

ARE Tonneau / Bedrug

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ARE Tonneau / Bedrug

Well Guy's. I'm going to put my first mods on my new 2010 Lariat. I figured I'd start with an ARE Tonneau and a Bedrug liner. The dealer I'm going to is new to ARE and has just left Century. He said he was getting tired of the poor quality from Century and lack of support. Mistakes in manufacturing are bound to happen. But he told me that Century left him holding the bag with an upset customer to many times.

I have a couple quick questions. First and foremost what would be a reasonable price range for an installed LSX Tonneau and Bedrug liner on a 6 1/2" bed? Now I have done some research and it seems that ARE is now selling Bedrug liners. That's a pretty cool deal, because I've got a $100 off coupon if I purchase them both together. I might just as well do both at the same time and save a trip. Plus I'm sure it would be a lot easier to install the liner first, and then the cover.

My second question is, what's the difference between the regular Bedrug, and the Matte version? Unfortunately, being new to ARE he did not have any material samples to show me the difference between the two. Their web page states the matte liner is offered at a lower price point than Bedrug. I'm not real concerned about the price at this point "In for a penny, in for a pound", more about the quality.

Does the material and color on the Tonneau cover liner match the material of the Bedrug? I don't really need a plush Bedrug liner, but I don't want something flimsier just to save a couple of bucks either. Anybody with any experience, feedback, or pictures on this matter? Thanks in advance.

Bob

Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I just did both of those mods this morning on my silver screw except that I went with the ARE LSII (and 5.5ft bed).

I bought the regular Bedrug off Amazon for $321 shipped. It is usually $379, but I got lucky that day and it was on sale. I installed the Bedrug with my wife and father-in-law. It is not complicated, but helps if you have an extra pair of hands.

I got the ARE LSII for $1099 plus $98 installation. The Bedrug and the carpet on the ARE are a perfect match.

I think that the "matte" Bedrug is thinner and leaves the grooves in the bed of the truck as opposed to the regular which makes it all flat. I'm not positive on that though.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by 5111
I just did both of those mods this morning on my silver screw except that I went with the ARE LSII (and 5.5ft bed).

I bought the regular Bedrug off Amazon for $321 shipped. It is usually $379, but I got lucky that day and it was on sale. I installed the Bedrug with my wife and father-in-law. It is not complicated, but helps if you have an extra pair of hands.

I got the ARE LSII for $1099 plus $98 installation. The Bedrug and the carpet on the ARE are a perfect match.

I think that the "matte" Bedrug is thinner and leaves the grooves in the bed of the truck as opposed to the regular which makes it all flat. I'm not positive on that though.
Thanks 5111 and congrats on the new mods. I guess I posted before I completed my research. Evidently the Matte is just that, a matte. The Bedrug website shows it as a upgrade to to a previous spray in liner. It will make the floor smooth, level and softer on the knees as well as giving it slip resistance. But it has no sides to it. Probably a good upgrade if you were on a budget. Hell it's cheaper and probably better than the factory rubber Ford mat.

If the ARE dealer gives me a good price, I may just have him install both. If he's too pricey, I may just order and install the Bedrug myself first before he installs the tonneau cover. If he's under $400 on the price of the Bedrug installed, that would almost be a push with the coupon and not worth the hassle of installing it myself. I'll wait and see what price he gives me for both products at the same time. I'm kind of picky, and I want the tie-downs bolted on top of the Bedrug and not just sticking through a slash in the material.

Just curious, why did you go with the LSII, and how did your paint match?

Bob

Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Here are the pics from yesterday:

Old 05-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by 5111
Here are the pics from yesterday:

Very nice!! I looks like we have close to the same taste in trucks. Mine looks very similar except in Scab and no running boards. Wow that really adds a lot of class. From what I hear it adds a lot of protection and versatility too. I think that carpet color really complements the Ingot Silver. It looks like they nailed your paint color pretty good too. You have a good looking ride my friend. Thanks for the pictures. You've made my mind up, it's a done deal.

Bob

Old 05-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Bob G
Very nice!! I looks like we have close to the same taste in trucks. Mine looks very similar except in Scab and no running boards. Wow that really adds a lot of class. From what I hear it adds a lot of protection and versatility too. I think that carpet color really complements the Ingot Silver. It looks like they nailed your paint color pretty good too. You have a good looking ride my friend. Thanks for the pictures. You've made my mind up, it's a done deal.

Bob
You are more than welcome. I had a hard time pulling the trigger on the tonneau because I really liked the look of the truck without it and couldn't find many pics with the cover. I know how important pics can be! The Bedrug was a no brainer for me because it was our favorite mod on our 2004.

Love your truck BTW!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I put the bakflip g2 on and bed rugs new bed tread in. I had the regular bed rug in my F350 and my leer cap leaked all the time and the rug was always wet so this time I tried the new bed tread, it goes in 5 pieces and is not as thick as the bed rug but is a soft plastic with a foam backer, it does not fit as good as the bed rug did but I like it because it will dry quicker, I know the G2 will leak every time it rains. The bed tread is a bit slippery when wet but not to bad. I paid $425 for it, could not find a deal because I only found one place that could get it.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

You guys will love those bed rugs. Mine has a Ford logo in place of the bed rug logo though. hmmm... Bed Rug must of made them for Ford at some point.

Quick Reply: ARE Tonneau / Bedrug