2009 - 2014 F-150

New 2010 F-150 FX4 w/ Mods - Pic Heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks perfect and exactly what I'm looking to do with the exception of the bed. I'm also going to do the HD grille. With your color it would look bad azz and sinister! Are you considering that too?

Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I like everything but the decal delete. I think the '09's and up look extremely stupid without the decal. Different things for different people I guess, nice work besides that.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nolasalt
Can you still use the factory tie down brackets in the bed with the BedRug?

BTW Sweet ride!
Yup, you just unscrew them, install rug, then reinstall them thru the rug.

And truck looks good, I want to get some darker aftermarket lights, if not the harley lights.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for all the compliments! To answer a few questions:

Originally Posted by dr.jb
hey, looks nice, can I ask how you removed the decals?
I lightly put a heat gun to them and pulled them off, sitting in the sun would do the same thing. This truck was in the garage at the time though.

Originally Posted by hemigod
Did the ***** still go on after you did the trimming or did you just leave them off? Did you find with the bedextender flipped to the outward position that the pin that goes into the tailgate ends up right on top of a seam in the bedrug? How did yours line up?
I left the ***** off, just cleaned the cut up with some sandpaper. Everything seemed to line up just perfect with the install. Didn't notice it on a seam.

Originally Posted by Nolasalt
Can you still use the factory tie down brackets in the bed with the BedRug?
As ruffn-it said, just take them off and reinstall them after the bedrug is installed. As a tip though try to make some marks of about where the mounting holes are so you're not poking a ton of holes into the rug trying to locate them.

Originally Posted by Nutty 5.0
It looks perfect and exactly what I'm looking to do with the exception of the bed. I'm also going to do the HD grille. With your color it would look bad azz and sinister! Are you considering that too?
I do think it would look really sweet. However, I modded this truck for my dad and I don't think he's into modding enough to fork out the cash required for the HD grille. Maybe eventually I can get it for him though!

Originally Posted by RollingOn22s
I like everything but the decal delete. I think the '09's and up look extremely stupid without the decal. Different things for different people I guess, nice work besides that.
Like you said... Different strokes for different folks! I haven't liked the decals on the '09's and up since the moment I saw them. I also prefer a really smooth look... I wish I could take the F-150 badges off, but they have the holes under them. That's what I just painted the badges on my '06 to match.

Thanks again for all the compliments. My dad's been driving his truck for a few weeks now and is loving it! He's had a bunch of people tell him they really like the look of it with the Harley Lights. He really likes the Sony Navigation with the Sync. They're on vacation now, driving it down to Florida with luggage and golf clubs under the cover on the BedRug! I also added EGR InChannel Window Visors for his windows. Went on pretty easily. He likes being able to vent the windows during the day without worrying about a passing shower getting the interior wet. I've driven it a couple times just to compare it to my '06. Its a very nice ride... love my lifted '06 though especially since its almost paid for... so I don't expect to be behind the wheel of a new one anytime soon!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Great tip, thanks for the info.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great! I'd expect nothing less based on how you've setup your F150.

Have you driven your Dad's truck much? What do you like better about his, what do you like better about yours? I just paid mine off the other month so I don't really need to be thinking about a new truck, but you know how it goes!

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 04-11-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:30 PM

o hokie, forgot to mention, you can run those drain hoses from the bakflip at the cab behind the bedrug for a nice clean look, also keeps them from getting snagged or damaged. thats what i did...also stops you from having to cut a whole in the bedrug.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Looks great! I'd expect nothing less based on how you've setup your F150.

Have you driven your Dad's truck much? What do you like better about his, what do you like better about yours? I just paid mine off the other month so I really need to be thinking about a new truck, but you know how it goes!

- NCSU
I haven't driven it much, just a couple times because I wanted to see how it felt and what the difference was. His seemed to have a little more get up and go than my had stock. Possibly because of the 6 speed transmission, but its also been a long time since I was rolling on stock tires. It would be nice to have his e-locker at times. I liked the interior more, seems like they made more improvements. I like how the seats fold up and the back floor is flat. I would really like to have the Sony Navigation system with the Sync and the stock subwolfer is much smaller than the one in my 2006 and sounds great. The engine compartment seems to be laid out better for maintenance. The battery is more easily accessible and there is less computer stuff on the passenger side firewall so the back cylinder on that side is easier to get to for plug changes. The e-fans on the 2010 and up really free up a lot of space in the front and make it easier to get to the oil filter. And I really like the tailgate step, would be great on a lifted truck. If I was looking for a new truck I'd get one!

Originally Posted by ruffn-it
o hokie, forgot to mention, you can run those drain hoses from the bakflip at the cab behind the bedrug for a nice clean look, also keeps them from getting snagged or damaged. thats what i did...also stops you from having to cut a whole in the bedrug.
Very nice idea ruffn-it! I wish I would have thought about it sooner! I may be able to still hide them back there. Seems like holes in the carpet are pretty well hidden unless you really cut them up around the hole. Thanks for the tip.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
bed extender

Nice job on your dads truck.I have to ask you where did you get the bed extender and what make is it.Thanks Darrell

Quick Reply: New 2010 F-150 FX4 w/ Mods - Pic Heavy!