2009 - 2014 F-150

Subwoofer addition, 2009 F150 SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by orangetang
Casedog, how and where did you tap your LOC into the speaker lines? I'm working on figuring out a T connector for behind the receiver.

I used a PAC product but I didn't use this unit i am posting the link for below. I just found this in another thread. This will solve your amp install question and alot of other peoples wiring problems in a clean, plug-n-play package for $50. Little or no wire cutting and it has an amp "remote" wire built in too. Damn I wish I had this link when I installed mine, lol... EASY !!!

If you search by truck year/model, they also have synch interfaces for aftermarket head units, steering wheel interfaces, etc. Although it gets really REALLY expensive. Guess im stuck with my stock head unit. Too much $$$$ to switch.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

Last edited by casedog; 08-05-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johntjr
Curious question?
I have the XLT 2009 SCREW, what is the harness for behind the coin holder directly below the vent to the left of the stereo??
That is where my 4x4 switch is if you mean the red one below the ven above the coin holder.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Nice build "orangetang". I used the "RE-Q" and i receive plenty of clean bass, of course after lots of tuning. I used hifisoundconnection.com to purchase my equipment and kept it under $400 for everything which was nice.

Very nice setup "Barrita" looks pricey though. And for the the punch i reviewed the specs and wasnt impressed. You may want to look at the kenwood shallow mount it required on of thesmallest enclosures with the nicest specs.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Does anyone know if the PAC system takes care of the bass "Clipping" associated with the stock head unit? I have a 2010 XLT, no nav, only stereo options are sync and steering wheel controls.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Nice build "orangetang". I used the "RE-Q" and i receive plenty of clean bass, of course after lots of tuning. I used hifisoundconnection.com to purchase my equipment and kept it under $400 for everything which was nice.

Very nice setup "Barrita" looks pricey though. And for the the punch i reviewed the specs and wasnt impressed. You may want to look at the kenwood shallow mount it required on of thesmallest enclosures with the nicest specs.

I don't know about the RE-Q but I was thinking about the Kicker ZXSUM8. Going to put components in the front, and one kicker CompVT 10" sub. Using a Alpine PDX5 amp 75w RMS x4 and 300w RMS x1.

Has anyone used this ZXSUM8 before? What exactly is "inputted" into the ZXSUM8? The manual shows "sub channel, Mid-sub channel, mid channel, and tweeter channel" as all seperate inputs. Don't have a wiring diagram. So can I just use a single signal...say Front left speaker?

I don't have the premium sound package. (2010 FX4 Super Crew).

Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 PM

having used a 10" pioneer shallow mount with a 350 watt amp in an open top, lifted jeep with mud terrains i can tell you that it hits very hard, and sounds very good. i wish i would have gone with a 12" and a 500 watt amp however.

Last edited by marshal; 10-17-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Has anyone used the Pioneer Shallow mount subs?
I am stuck between the Alpine type S, Kicker Shallow CVT, and Pioneer shallows.

The pioneers seem to be the best on paper but not sure, I had pioneers before and had to push a lot of power through them to get them to hit.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by beidle99
Has anyone used the Pioneer Shallow mount subs?
I am stuck between the Alpine type S, Kicker Shallow CVT, and Pioneer shallows.

The pioneers seem to be the best on paper but not sure, I had pioneers before and had to push a lot of power through them to get them to hit.
read above, i miss typed

Last edited by marshal; 10-17-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a '10 STX.. I was looking to add a sub/amps under the rear seats.. However, there will be times I will need to fold the seats up and use the floor space... Is there any way that I could wire in subs/amps into a box under the rear seats that I could unplug and remove to use the floor space but still have a working stereo temporarily without the subs/amps ??? I know it'd sound like crap, but it wouldn't be permanent, and when I was done, I would connect them back again.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't know what the STX is... Regular Cab? If it seats lift up and you have room for a box, you can have a removable sub under there. I have my box under the rear seats of my Super Crew and it disconnects and comes out easily. Your stereo wouldn't be affected by removing the sub, other than having no sub.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:47 PM
I was looking to also use an amp to power the subs and another amp to power the speakers.. If I use an amp to power the speakers, if I unplug it it will not play the speakers.. So my question was, is there a way to have a removable amp and still power the speakers?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 AM
If you wanted a removable amp i would probably put some sort of toggle that would send the sound source to the speakers when switched on. Although there is no need to remove the amp if placed correctly. My Amp for my subwoofer is under my passenger seat and zip tied down, Havent had a single issue with it yet and i have had to remove my subwoofer a couple times for moving crap.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Any pictures of how you did that?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Just mount the amp(s) behind the rear seat....

Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
The plug below the a/c vent on the left is the 4wd switch.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer addition, 2009 F150 SuperCrew