2009 - 2014 F-150

Subwoofer addition, 2009 F150 SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TX Chris
Just mount the amp(s) behind the rear seat....
Is there room behind the rear seat on the STX?

Old 02-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sony sub amp - wiring info?

Originally Posted by Barritia
Well it seems you have your system wired wrong then! I had all the outputs tested by my audio dealer with their testing equipment and the only time the bass drops off is when its tested after the Sony amp. If you go before the Sony amp the signal is fine. My bass functions just like it should now I run it from the head unit output and not the amp output. Check it for your self it's simple to test. Connect from stock amp to your new amp and then from head unit to your new amp and you will notice a massive difference. Like I also said I have my bass on head unit at -2 and I'm getting some serious bass.
My 2010 Platinum w/ Nav has a DVC sub and that Sony amp Barrita mentions. How is that amp wired? Is it a two channel amp feeding L to one VC and R to the other? What signals come into the amp, L/R at line level or at speaker level? Trying to figure out what replacement sub would work best. Also whether replacing tha amp may help. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I have a 10' screw lariat one thing it didnt come with the sony system so i had to upgrade i put a 10 inch JL W3 under the rear seat with an amp sitting beside it. Made a worlds difference in bass. Now i jus upgraded the speakers to all alpine type R and put in tweeters. Must be one of the best sounding radios ive ever had. Well worth the money. Ill try to post some pics when i get home of how my sub and amp are installed.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimk1963
My 2010 Platinum w/ Nav has a DVC sub and that Sony amp Barrita mentions. How is that amp wired? Is it a two channel amp feeding L to one VC and R to the other? What signals come into the amp, L/R at line level or at speaker level? Trying to figure out what replacement sub would work best. Also whether replacing tha amp may help. Thanks!
Anybody?? Looking for wiring diagram for Sony 8" subwoofer/amp combo in under rear seat of 2010 F150. I'm not clear on the I/O's for this amp - both L/R are incoming, and separately amplified and fed to each DVC voice coil independently? Speaker level or RCA-level inputs to the amp? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by fsdrummer85
What's up guys.

Quick heads up or work around. I just recently had a box built for my 2010 F-150 to install 2 Kicker 10's with only a 300w amp and it slams!

Instead of getting in behind the head unit and possibly damaging anything. You can access the wiring harness under the door floor panel on the driver side, and the passenger side to tap into the speaker wires there. Makes for a much easier install.
The plastic panels just pop off with no problem. Follow John's color code and you will be good to go.
This is great info, I have a 2011, the wires are likely the same. Where did you tap in? Back doors or front doors? Also when you wired in your amp where did you go through the fire wall? Also I would need to get RCA inputs into my amp?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Amp Install

Originally Posted by ovfdfireman
This is great info, I have a 2011, the wires are likely the same. Where did you tap in? Back doors or front doors? Also when you wired in your amp where did you go through the fire wall? Also I would need to get RCA inputs into my amp?
I had the speakers installed (would have done it myself, but they built a custom box for me and the install was free)... they broke through the firewall on the passenger side behind the dash, I later installed some neon and followed the same path as they did. I am not sure if that was there already there or if they punched through. But if you look under the hood on the passenger side, you can see some things going through and you can try and squeeze through too.

As for as tapping into the wires, it was tapped in the front doors, that way you can go ahead and run everything under the carpet on the driver side. The amp was installed under the driver seat. I would prefer it was installed behind the backseat, but now it is really easy to adjust and disconnect if I ever need my floor space back.

I believe everything was speaker wire, but not positive. I will take some pictures of the set up.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer addition, 2009 F150 SuperCrew