2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone add puddle lamps to 2010 XLT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puddle Light Polarity

Great details and pics! Thought I'd try to add puddle lamps and LED bulbs to my 2010 Lariat this weekend in addition to the LED turn signal conversion on another thread. Aside from being nervous about removing the mirror glass, my real question is about the polarity of the puddle lamp housing.
Of the 2 male terminals on the lamps, is there a designated positive and negative, or do you just wire to either terminal and flip the LED festoon until you get light?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Sweet!

Knocked out this mod this afternoon on my existing puddle lamps...just popped them in a second ago and WOW....BIG difference! Easy mod and a must if you have or are adding lamps. Good looking out, Delirious!

Nasty

Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by delirious
A little update. Poped of the door panels today and put in new front speakers. While I had them off I uplugged the mirrors and tested the purple(violet on electrical schematics) wire at the mirror harness. It was the overhead light/ puddle lamps. I tapped into the wire there and after removing the mirrors, I ran them up to the puddle aperature. Essentially, you have to remove the mirrors, remove the mirror itself. Take the 4 torx screws out and take off the back of the mirror. You then can run the additional wire. I have LED blinks on my mirrors, so I will tap into the black wire there for a ground.

I have the puddle lights coming monday and after taking them apart and putting LEDS in, I am good to go. Today, it took me literally 20 minutes per side to install the speakers, take the mirrors off and run this wire.
I am planning to add the puddle lamps to my 2009 XLT, it also has the removable caps, so as per getting the power, is the purple wire already run right into the mirror? You mentioned that you tapped into the purple wire at the mirror harness, could you please clarify this for me as exactly where you tapped in.

I am assuming the puddle lamps are on the same circuit as the cargo lights?

Also, how much were the puddle lamps from the dealership?
Not sure if you compared the light to the OEM lamps but I was wondering if those festoon leds was much more brighter than the OEM bulbs.

Thanks in advance

Old 12-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Those puddle lamps are shows for $30 on the fordparts website. I was thinking about putting the festoon in mine, but keeping my originals for replacement down the road should I want to. Leaving them unmolested.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are the point of these puddle lights and when are they on? This is the first I am hearing of these and my FX2 did not come equipped with them.

Quick Reply: Anyone add puddle lamps to 2010 XLT?