2009 - 2014 F-150

Bought A F150 Platinum Today, Did I Do Good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carryyourbooks
why did you use the x plan? are you not eligible for d plan?
Nah, just X-Plan through my Company....

Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the deal fell through.........

The Dealer told me they located the vehicle I wanted on another Dealers lot and that they had called and made sure it was available. Ultimately after I called my Dealer (they never called me) and they called me back, many hours later, the Dealer they were going to go get the truck from supposedly had a deal done on it late Friday night (not sure I believe that) but my Dealer should have checked that this morning and called me but they did not. They also did not call me back for 2-3 hours after they said they'd find another one and call me back (bad customer service).

I had to call them and tell them to nix the deal as I went to another Dealer and they found the same truck with the Trailer Brakes that listed CHEAPER than the 1st one that was found. It was cheaper because Ford had invoiced it earlier in the year before Fords price increase on the F150.

So I am saving a few hundred bucks and get the Trailer Brakes, which in all reality I don't really care to have, but it's cheaper so I'm cool with that.

Kinda makes me wonder how the 1st Dealer didn't find the Cheaper truck in the beginning. I can't see how it would be to their advantage to find a truck that X-Planned more than another for basically the same truck?

Last edited by Forrest_F150; 07-06-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Bought A F150 Platinum Today, Did I Do Good?