2009 - 2014 F-150

Weathertech Vent Visor Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weathertech Vent Visor Install

I have a new 2010 F-150 that I am trying to install the Weathertech visors on. I have used Weathertech in the past on several different vehicles with no problems until now.

Can someone give me some insight on how the little clip installs on the corner of the door by the mirror? I have tried to do this as the instructions state, but the vertical side of the visor by the mirror just seems too long for where this clip rests on the rubber. I had the visor completely in, and the side by the mirror looked like an "S" because of the pressure.

Thanks.

Last edited by DougS; 07-15-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just trust me on this one. Send them back. They do not fit properly and will eventually destroy your rubber trim.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...nt-shades.html

Old 07-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Or...don't install any vent shades, since they look terrible. Friends don't let friends drive Chevys...or install vent shades!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by DougS
I have a new 2010 F-150 that I am trying to install the Weathertech visors on. I have used Weathertech in the past on several different vehicles with no problems until now.

Can someone give me some insight on how the little clip installs on the corner of the door by the mirror? I have tried to do this as the instructions state, but the vertical side of the visor by the mirror just seems too long for where this clip rests on the rubber. I had the visor completely in, and the side by the mirror looked like an "S" because of the pressure.

Thanks.
I just installed these last night and mine fit perfectly but I don't care for how that clip pulls on the rubber trim.

I haven't decided if I am going to send them back yet or not. The rear visors are held in with tape. I wonder how hard it will be to get those back out.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would advise you returning those and ordering the Wade versions of them. They fit much better and don't push on the window trim. I have them on my black platinum and love them.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the advise, I had always been very happy with Weathertechs in the past, but they definately dropped the ball on this style. I may also end up sending these back and getting a different brand.

Quick Reply: Weathertech Vent Visor Install