2009 - 2014 F-150

Ford bug shield, broken metal screw clip.. now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford bug shield, broken metal screw clip.. now what?

I just installed the oem smoked bug guard on my truck, got all done closed the hood (gently) and heard something fall on the ground. After looking around i found one of the silver metal brackets that comes out from behind the grill to screw the bug shield too had lost a screw on the bug shield. On further inspection found that the threaded portion of that mount is pressed into the metal brackets and just fell out of the bracket screw still screwed into it. So now i have a useless mount as there nothing to screw the screw back into but a big whole. Funny thing is i never even tightened those screws at that point they were finger tight, so how would they ever hold to begin with?

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know if the dealer can get me just a new mount kit??

kinda pissed since i just spent 75.00 on this and barely got the hood closed before a mount fell apart.. Makes me worry it wont stay on the truck long..

Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Max dont sweat it..........the same happened to me and I thought I was being extra carefull when I installed my Stampede Shield.......I was a little pissed about it but I went out and got some of that 3M double sided sticky tape and put a little where that clip used to be.........its been fine for months now

Old 07-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Stop back at the dealership that you bought it from, they should be able to help you out...ford accessories come from motorcraft suppliers so they shouldnt have a huge issue with swapping one out for ya

Old 07-16-2010, 09:34 PM
And don't they have a 12/12 warranty? I'd say it's a defect in workmanship.

Quick Reply: Ford bug shield, broken metal screw clip.. now what?