2009 - 2014 F-150

FX4 or Raptor SCrew

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that I am considering it....but can a tuner just turn off the traction control systems completely. just a thought.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Decided to go with an '10 FX4. With all the incentives on the 2010 models right now I can get almost $13,000 off sticker price so I'm going to put that towards upgrades and mods. Getting everything installed through the dealer so it's covered under my factory warranty my list right now includes:

305/65/18 BFG's with min +12 offset wheels (still deciding which ones)
Extenda Flares
3" rear and 2" front lift
Billet Grill with Black tinted Ford Emblem
Harley Heads and Tails
Magnaflow dual exhaust with Custom Tinted black tips (rear output)
Back flip box cover
Bed rug
Kargo Master Ladder rack
4 4" HID off road floods mounted to ladder rack with remote switch.
Step bars (1.5" steel tube powder coated black) Can't remember manufacturer...

I think that's it so far lol. Just waiting to hear from dealer on some financing stuff and then hopefully I can have it by Aug 1!

Old 07-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by texas_superman
i agree on the traction controll issues. granted i dont have a 4-wheel drive, but the last time we have a significant amout of snow, i was completly screwed in my '09 because the TC. I couldnt get any wheel spin at all, in fact it would kick back on around 35mph. In addition to my issues, that same snow fall, my buddy in his '09 ext cab got stuck in on a flat surface where it was icy, there were small dips that he couldnt get out of because of the lack of wheel spin and his TC.
You guys aren't turning the traction control completely off...I had the same issues until I broke down and read the owners manual. If you hit the button once, it only turns it off below 35mph If you hold the button for more than 5 seconds, it turns it off completely...but as soon as you put it in park, neutral or reverse, it kicks back on.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by thejake1989
dont forget no incetives on a limited production truck and youll also be looking at 5-7K over sticker on one.

then again there hasnt been a 6.2 said to be offered other than the raptor yet....
True that there are no incentives, but anybody who pays over sticker price is insane. I had a Raptor on order before I bought my lariat, and I was paying 37k, the sticker was around 40k with the options I wanted, and the dealer invoice was around 35k. The manager I was dealing with (only guy who know anything about Raptors at that dealership) printed out the dealers invoice, so I knew the numbers. I wasn't happy that I couldn't get the A plan, and no rebates...so he was willing to work with me on the price just to have a happy customer.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:23 PM
6.2L, wider stance, and 325 tires stock, would be my choice. No brainer. I don't know what the Raptors are priced at though. The biggest upgrade is the motor. Everything else is just superfuleous. Meaning, not much. Whatt, shocks? I would post this in the Raptor forum myself in order to get both sides!

Quick Reply: FX4 or Raptor SCrew