2009 - 2014 F-150

Smart junk-tion box

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart junk-tion box

Not a good weekend get in my truck to go to work friday. started up truck and no lights inside or out not good at 3am. so i figure hell with it ill just drive to work anyway. well it wouldn't come out of of park so i had it towed in to the dealer. i was called sat saying it was fixed they replaced the smart junction box. WELL lets just say now i have even more things not working my key fobs , tpms malfunction, illuminated entry, keypad entry, radio display is blank , where have all the good mechanics gone i cant stand half a_ _ work so my question is does this box have to be programed when replaced or is it just a swap out cause service advisor sounded clueless on phone. just looking for something to stand behind when i take it in monday and rip some ahole. k i'm done venting has anyone else had this same issue....

Old 07-25-2010, 08:55 AM
sounds like you need to have the mechanic programmed...........lol

Old 07-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Sorry for your troubles. Stealer's don't employ mechanics anymore, just PARTS CHANGERS. Worse thang that ever happened to vehicles is the addition of on-board computers to diagnose problems. If the vehicle doesn't throw a code, you are basically screwed these days. That's been my experience with my scooters and trucks for the last ten years.
I'd be PO'd too. It musta been late in the day when they worked on it and they were just too busy to re-program it. Cuz of it being the weekend and all.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:42 PM
these sjb do have to programmed sounds like it wasnt done correctly or the wrong one was put in sorry about this i would never release a vehicle back to customer without checking everything works or keeping it till its fixed i think that anyone would want there vehicle fixed correctly than given back still broke no matter how long it takes there are some good techs left to bad your so far away

Quick Reply: Smart junk-tion box