2009 - 2014 F-150

Fitting LED light bars into grill?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fitting LED light bars into grill?

On each side of the grill, just inside the headlights, there are those spots with the plastic "mesh" covering them. They are rectangle shaped, 12" tall, 3" wide, and about 4" deep.

I want to install a pair of those LED light bars into those spaces after cutting the mesh out. Has anyone tried this?

It would allow me to have much better lighting without the use of a bar, and the only thing behind the grill there is the thick rubber sheet on each side of the radiator, so I wouldn't be blocking any air flow.

A new grill from the dealer would cost me $310 if I screwed something up

I've decided on LED lighting over HID, and I've decided on Rigid over Xvision. The Xvision lights are actually smaller and would be an easier install, but I think the Rigid line is a better light even if the housing is slightly larger.

Behind the grill on each side there is a support bar that runs along the openings I want to use, so I should be able to mount them to that metal bar.

I'm undecided on spot or flood beams though, I'd like to see them next to each other to make a decision, but I may just have to guess and try one out. Suggestions?

Any pics of a set-up like the one I am thinking of doing? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Fitting LED light bars into grill?