2009 - 2014 F-150

Full window vent visor reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full window vent visor reviews?

I still haven't pulled the trigger on the window vents for my FX4 screw but I'm getting close. Just need to decide whether to go with the short or full length visors.
I'm leaning towards the WADE brand and would like to hear comments from anyone one that has the full length visors.
Do they obstruct the view to the side mirrors?
Do they add or reduce wind noise compared to the short visors when the window is open 2-3 inches?
Do they look white trash?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
I just put in in channel auot vent shades, and think they look awesome. Not sure what you mean by "do they look white trash."

Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 AM
White trash, you know like a tacky accessory a shade-tree-mechanic would install.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
When I think of a tacky accessory first thing that comes to mind is chrome gas door, big spoiler on a truck, large graphics, and even too much chrome in general. The vent shades actually serve a purpose. I bought the in channel visors because they are way lower profile and keep the sleek look to a vehicle.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by RollinOn22s
When I think of a tacky accessory first thing that comes to mind is chrome gas door, big spoiler on a truck, large graphics, and even too much chrome in general.
you forgot stick on hood scoops...

what do you mean by short ones or full length?

Some like the visors so do not. I have always had them and but i have always smoked so i could crack the window when it was raining. I quit smoking three years ago but i am still thinking about putting some on my new truck, but it will be the in the channel type so if i want to remove them i will not have a problem doing so.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I call them short because they come across the top of the window and end pretty much in line with the top of the side mirror. I call them long when they continue all the way down to the weather strip that runs along the top of the door.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:24 PM
i dont think i have ever noticed the short ones but, in January of 05 was the last time i was in the market for them.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the long Wade ones. Have had them on the truck for over a year now. To answer yours questions:

The bottom 2 inches or so do block the mirror view a little bit (like looking through a dark tint). At first it bothered me, but I got used to it. You could trim them a little bit if you wanted.
No they do not add any noise when the window is opened about 2 or 3 inches.
I have a black truck, so the black low profile in-channel ones match my truck and look really good. I do not think they look white trash. Not sure about on other colors.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by RollinOn22s
When I think of a tacky accessory first thing that comes to mind is chrome gas door,
  1. big spoiler on a truck
, large graphics, and even too much chrome in general. The vent shades actually serve a purpose. I bought the in channel visors because they are way lower profile and keep the sleek look to a vehicle.
the mexican bobsled

Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by SportTractoF150
I have the long Wade ones. Have had them on the truck for over a year now. To answer yours questions:

The bottom 2 inches or so do block the mirror view a little bit (like looking through a dark tint). At first it bothered me, but I got used to it. You could trim them a little bit if you wanted.
No they do not add any noise when the window is opened about 2 or 3 inches.
I have a black truck, so the black low profile in-channel ones match my truck and look really good. I do not think they look white trash. Not sure about on other colors.
I have the same black on black in channel. They look very good. Mine end at the weather stripping before the mirror though.

Last edited by RollinOn22s; 07-28-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Good feedback. Does Wade make the shorter version?

Quick Reply: Full window vent visor reviews?