2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Radio Removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Radio Removal

I am trying to get to the back of the factory radio. I have removed the dash and the left air vent plastic, having trbl getting the left side air vent off due to air bag, and the "screw" behind the SYNC panel. HELP Thanks

Old 07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
The screw holding the pass side air vent panel is hidden by the air bag. To move the air bag I dropped the glove box down by squeezing the bumper stops. This allowed me to see the underside of the air bag and the three 8mm bolts that hold it in. I removed the bolts and gently popped the air bag out and moved it aside 2 or 3 inches to expose the screw that holds the air vent panel.

There are lots of cautions about messing with the air bag. I was supposed to disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes but I was impatient. However, I did make sure the key was NOT in the ignition.

Proceed at your own risk!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

There is a video on this webpage with a step by step instruction on how to get to the back of the navigation. I can only assume it would be very similar for the other radios too, just without the lcd screen. I used this video to install my lockpick and it worked exactly like the video explained

Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by braddvm
Thanks, cool vid, good information...

Quick Reply: 2010 Radio Removal