2009 - 2014 F-150

Bull bar w/ 3 100W lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4wolf
Did you custom make a bar to fit three lights on? I love the amount of light your truck puts off
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
Yes, it's just a piece of flat stock mounted to the bull bar. the only issue I see is that it pushes the lights forward a bit, so they aren't protected by the bull bar. However, the bull bars aren't really made to be of much protection, so if you hit something with it, the lights are likely gonna be screwed regardless of them being mounted slightly forward or not.
Yep, what SoonerTruck said. The only thing I didn't like about this bull bar is the light mounts weren't just holes drilled into the bar itself. It had two 1/8" brackets that were bolted to the middle bar that stuck the lights out about 2" past the "protection" of the bar. I just added a piece of flat steel so I could mount the 3rd light. I considered turning the mounts around so it put them farther back on the bar but didn't want the bolts on the front side.

I honestly couldn't tell ya if all these bull bars are going to have the same mounts. I've talked with a couple other people that has this brand of bar and all 3 of us have different mounting points/styles for the lights.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
Yes, it's just a piece of flat stock mounted to the bull bar. the only issue I see is that it pushes the lights forward a bit, so they aren't protected by the bull bar. However, the bull bars aren't really made to be of much protection, so if you hit something with it, the lights are likely gonna be screwed regardless of them being mounted slightly forward or not.
Thats pretty cool, been thinking bout doing that with my grille guard for a while

Old 08-07-2010, 08:27 PM

since you installed the bull bar, do you see a way to fabricate the mounting brackets to keep your tow hooks? longer bolts or something. I want a bull bar but would rather keep the hooks more.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
since you installed the bull bar, do you see a way to fabricate the mounting brackets to keep your tow hooks? longer bolts or something. I want a bull bar but would rather keep the hooks more.
I'd have to crawl under and look again but I think the way this one is designed I could use longer bolts to keep the tow hooks. I'll get some pics tomorrow morning after I get off work.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 AM

Any luck with some pics?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
Ditto....... I feel the exact same way. I use my front hooks quite often and need to either keep them or be able to hook to the bull bar maybe??!!

I'd like to see those pics too. Thanks!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by lxtac
Ditto....... I feel the exact same way. I use my front hooks quite often and need to either keep them or be able to hook to the bull bar maybe??!!

I'd like to see those pics too. Thanks!
I wouldnt trust the bull bar to do any pulling. I tugged on my brush guard that was on my 01 screw and bent it a little. And that was with an easy quick pull and had the tow strap wrapped around the very bottom near the brackets. I dont think the steel or aluminum thats used is strong enough.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:08 PM
NSF150
I am installing a set of spots in the front bumper, and I have been scratching my head with the wiring. Are you hooked in with your high beam switch? I was going to see if I could splice in a wire so the spots would come on with the highs
Cheers,

Old 08-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Sorry about the pics fellas, I was actually under the truck the other day. I drilled new holes in the brackets to sit the bull bar back about 3" because I hated the way it stuck out. The more I look at it, I don't think the tow hooks would fit.

I ran a hot wire so I can run the lights anytime. I'm not a fan of splicing into the factory wiring.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Looks good. I like how that switch blends into the panel.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 PM
NSF150
Originally Posted by 96grimreaper
Sorry about the pics fellas, I was actually under the truck the other day. I drilled new holes in the brackets to sit the bull bar back about 3" because I hated the way it stuck out. The more I look at it, I don't think the tow hooks would fit.

I ran a hot wire so I can run the lights anytime. I'm not a fan of splicing into the factory wiring.
That's my thing, brand new truck and to start cutting into the wiring make's me a little uneasy and i have had some electrical issues and don't want any problems with warranty.

thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Bull bar w/ 3 100W lights