2009 - 2014 F-150

Bull bar w/ 3 100W lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bull bar w/ 3 100W lights

Installed the bull bar last week and 3 100W KC daylighters.

I think it gives the front end of the truck a whole different look/attitude, I'm happy with it. The lights are a great investment. Center one is aimed down the center and the outside two are aimed slightly off to the side. All 3 are aimed at approximately the height of the high beams. I only use them when I'm on the back roads when the extra light is needed and there is no on-coming traffic. The light came with two 1/8" steel brackets but I wanted 3 lights so I cut a piece of 1/4" flat steel, drilled 3 holes and mounted it to the brackets. I will probably pull off the skid plate and paint it the factory gray color to break up the black a bit.

Please excuse the bugs, I just got back from a 650 mile trip.

Switch w/blue led

I'll try to get some night pics but it's hard to get a pic of the light's beam pattern and head on is just a huge flash of light.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:33 PM
the hids werent enough we needed to add more? lol looks good and clean install with the switch.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice setup what is brand of bull bar? and how much do the HID run?

Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by papajohn
the hids werent enough we needed to add more? lol looks good and clean install with the switch.
HIDs w/o retrofits are garbage.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

meh its not my style but to each his own.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by papajohn
lol, you can never have too much light.

Originally Posted by cperez90
Nice setup what is brand of bull bar? and how much do the HID run?
Not 100% sure on the brand but I got it from ebay seller truckgeardirect, $135. I got my bi-xenon H13 for $80ish and just the regular 9005's for $45.

Originally Posted by KazK
I used to be a huge advocate of not running HID's w/o projectors however if aimed properly these headlights actually do a pretty good job. They are brighter than stock, throw the light farther with a wider beam pattern and I have yet to be flashed. 75% of my driving is done at night as well. I actually sat in my brother's lowered s-10 while he drove my truck at me from 2 miles away until we passed each other. At no point did the HID's glare any worse than a halogen light.

Basically I wouldn't go as far as calling non retrofitted HID's garbage.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Well I guess I'm just used to these idiots in their slammed trucks with them pointed at the sky or these morons with jacked up 4x4s with them right at eye level.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Nice job with the switch, makes it look nice and factory.

Still confused as to why Ford is having such an incredibly difficult time figuring out how to add the Upfitter Switches to the F-150. Seems pretty simple to me, but I'm no vehicle engineering expert so perhaps there's something I'm just missing...

Old 08-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Well I guess I'm just used to these idiots in their slammed trucks with them pointed at the sky or these morons with jacked up 4x4s with them right at eye level.
I agree with all those idiots. There is a 3500 GMC Sierra running around here that has the 10000k or 12000k, almost pink on his truck that's lifted about 6" on 37"s. I can't stand his truck because it blinds everyone. Plenty of cars that don't bother to aim their lights or think that the higher they aim them, the better.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Here are some night shots. Apparently my point and shoot camera sucks worse than I thought but here they are. Obviously the camera makes the glare much worse than it actually is. After taking about 25 different projection shots, I realized that none of them showed the beam off the off road lights. They will light up road signs 1/2 mile+ down the road and give off decent light about 300 yards away.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Like the power of those lights looks like your going to be safe and be able to see better at night..

Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
WHY comment on a page just to bash. Personally, I think leveling kits are garbage when compared to a full suspension system but you dont see me running to pages to say it. Its choice, budget, and personal taste.

I apologize for hi-jacking but that ***** is uncalled for. Especially from a "Senior" member.

Truck looks good Grim... are the HIDs melting the foglight housing any? I heard of that problem on some shelby's runing HIDs in the fogs.

Last edited by casedog; 08-02-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by casedog
WHY comment on a page just to bash. Personally, I think leveling kits are garbage when compared to a full suspension system but you dont see me running to pages to say it. Its choice, budget, and personal taste.

I apologize for hi-jacking but that ***** is uncalled for. Especially from a "Senior" member.

Truck looks good Grim... are the HIDs melting the foglight housing any? I heard of that problem on some shelby's runing HIDs in the fogs.
I don't think his intention was to "bash" the work being done. It was simply that more times than not, you cause glare and discomfort to other drivers. I also believe that to get the true benefit of HID's, a retrofit projector housing is necessary on this vehicle.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you custom make a bar to fit three lights on? I love the amount of light your truck puts off

Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4wolf
Did you custom make a bar to fit three lights on? I love the amount of light your truck puts off
Yes, it's just a piece of flat stock mounted to the bull bar. the only issue I see is that it pushes the lights forward a bit, so they aren't protected by the bull bar. However, the bull bars aren't really made to be of much protection, so if you hit something with it, the lights are likely gonna be screwed regardless of them being mounted slightly forward or not.

Quick Reply: Bull bar w/ 3 100W lights