2009 - 2014 F-150

Come on Banks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally ordered my exhaust. Im hoping it will be here before next weekend. Cant wait to ditch this Magnaflow. If anyone is local to me I will give you my stock catback system with the Magnaflow welded in.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by used2vtec
I finally ordered my exhaust. Im hoping it will be here before next weekend. Cant wait to ditch this Magnaflow. If anyone is local to me I will give you my stock catback system with the Magnaflow welded in.
It was that bad, eh?

This platform has tended to drone in the 1800-2200 rpm region across several generations (my Y2K truck did it too), in a seemingly arbitrary fashion.

What ya gonna do if yer Banks / Corsa also drones?

Good luck.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 08-11-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
It was that bad, eh?

This platform has tended to drone in the 1800-2200 rpm region across several generations (my Y2K truck did it too), in a seemingly arbitrary fashion.

Wha ya gonna do if yer Banks also drones?

Good luck.

MGD
Its really not that bad, but it does drive me crazy at times. When the truck is on level ground it sounds perfect. When im towing my jet skis or climbing a hill is when the drone bothers me. The Banks system has a larger muffler so if there is drone it should be on the quiet side. Either way this system will be staying on the truck until I get rid of it (5-6 more years). Ive heard a few video clips on the 04-08 models and it sounds pretty quiet.

In the past I have always purchased catback systems and have been happy with them. I even had a Magnaflow one on my 06 GTO and with a cam and catless longtubes that car sounded awesome, no drone at all. Only time will tell but like I said its staying on regardless. I wish someone would post up some clips, I would but dont have a video camera .

Quick Reply: Come on Banks!!!!