2009 - 2014 F-150

Come on Banks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on Banks!!!!

I am dying over here. I just bought my 2010 last week and trying to put it under the knife. I am huge fan of Banks products and was hoping for the Ram-Air Intake System like they have for the 04-08's but nothing. They have a ton of products and packages for the 04-08 150's but only an exhaust kit for ours. Gonna do the dual exhuast but prefer to put it on with the intake. Probably do the Edge for a programmer but again I am on hold until the intake comes out................your killing me Gale!!!

Sorry for the rant but I have this brand new truck waiting for mods

Anybody else run Banks products on their F-150's?

Old 08-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be ordering their exhaust next time I get paid. I sent them a e-mail and someone called me back the next day. They were very professional and the person I spoke with said they are currently working on a programmer. I didnt ask about the intake but I would assume they are developing one as well. Ill be going with the Monster Single exhaust. I currently just have a 14" Magnaflow installed and it drones like crazy at 65, cant wait to ditch that muffler.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by used2vtec
I will be ordering their exhaust next time I get paid. I sent them a e-mail and someone called me back the next day. They were very professional and the person I spoke with said they are currently working on a programmer. I didnt ask about the intake but I would assume they are developing one as well. Ill be going with the Monster Single exhaust. I currently just have a 14" Magnaflow installed and it drones like crazy at 65, cant wait to ditch that muffler.
Took 2 weeks for me to get my exhaust from them.

And the drone is at 70mph or 1800ish rpm

Old 08-05-2010, 10:57 PM

I went with the Banks Single Monster Exhaust on my truck and am very happy with it.

More pictures of it here: http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/r...ter%20Exhaust/

Old 08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Deere,
What size lift do you have on your truck it looks sweet. I also noticed in your album you had some Moto Metals any pics of your truck with those on it? I have a black lariat and was look at those exact rims.

Last edited by Quackaddict; 08-06-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Bank$$$$$$.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I totally thought this thread was going to be about something different. I look at the title, and as I've never heard of Banks products before, I wonder what the heck this guy/gal is talking about. So, I look at the username and see "Quackaddict". Naturally with my particular line of thought, I immediately thought about the Banks kid in Mighty Ducks. I'm bummed this thread isn't about the Mighty Ducks quite honestly, but the actual subject of this thread makes a lot more sense given that it's in the 2009-2010 F150 thread lol

Old 08-06-2010, 04:20 PM
banks might be a little more than the rest but its an awesome system. i love it great sound and has that banks look i have the dual system.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by jetech00001
banks might be a little more than the rest but its an awesome system. i love it great sound and has that banks look i have the dual system.
I am sorry sir but we will need pictures to verify this

Old 08-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Quackaddict
Deere,
What size lift do you have on your truck it looks sweet. I also noticed in your album you had some Moto Metals any pics of your truck with those on it? I have a black lariat and was look at those exact rims.
I have a 6" BDS Lift on my truck. The Moto Metal wheels are what I ran in the winter and are currently for sale in the classifieds here on the forum. I also have a picture of them on my truck in the thread as well.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/pa...els-tires.html

Old 08-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by DeereGeff
I have a 6" BDS Lift on my truck. The Moto Metal wheels are what I ran in the winter and are currently for sale in the classifieds here on the forum. I also have a picture of them on my truck in the thread as well.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/pa...els-tires.html

Crap this truck sure is getting expensive and I have only had it a week. Looks sweet. Apparently there is something up with 2010 front brake calipers and 17's may not fit.

I am going back and forth between the dual and single. What I don't like about the dual is that it is straight out the back I wish they exited out the sides. Anyone got a picture of the dual kit installed............still waiting on a Ram Air.

I have noticed that A LOT of the mods for the 04-08 are not available from several different companies for out trucks. They have been out for 2 years now wonder why the aftermarket seems to be so far behind

Last edited by Quackaddict; 08-07-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:41 AM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Talked to a guy over at banks yesterday, they should be releasing a intake & chip within 4 months which is right around the holiday. I know what I want lol.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:42 PM
our intake system on our trucks is a cold air intake system it draws the air from outside the engine compartment it might be ugly as hell but it does the job a aftermarket would do without the noise. the h.p. is very slight over stock do a gotts mod and a high flow filter and it will save you a couple hundred bucks I.M.O. but the aftermarket looks much better.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by jetech00001
our intake system on our trucks is a cold air intake system it draws the air from outside the engine compartment it might be ugly as hell but it does the job a aftermarket would do without the noise. the h.p. is very slight over stock do a gotts mod and a high flow filter and it will save you a couple hundred bucks I.M.O. but the aftermarket looks much better.
I hear ya, what I like about the banks over say an airraid (which I have had and have nothing against) is the banks is a complete system it replaces the entire system including on the ram-air the "hat" on the throttle body. I have always been a fan of theirs and just figure if I am going to do an exhaust and a tuner might as well get the more air in. I know it will seem dumb to 90% of the people out there but yes when I pop my hood I do care what it looks like and if the banks system flows any better than stock and improves the looks than I will do it. Kind of like custom rims they don't really do anything better than stock but people will spend big $$$$$ on them for looks at least the banks will add some perfomance.

That being said if the 09-10 is not like the 04-08 and only replaces the box and tube then I will do the gotts mod.

I also am looking at a better mass air sensor and larger Throttle body to go with it.

COME ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Quackaddict
I hear ya, what I like about the banks over say an airraid (which I have had and have nothing against) is the banks is a complete system it replaces the entire system including on the ram-air the "hat" on the throttle body. I have always been a fan of theirs and just figure if I am going to do an exhaust and a tuner might as well get the more air in. I know it will seem dumb to 90% of the people out there but yes when I pop my hood I do care what it looks like and if the banks system flows any better than stock and improves the looks than I will do it. Kind of like custom rims they don't really do anything better than stock but people will spend big $$$$$ on them for looks at least the banks will add some perfomance.

That being said if the 09-10 is not like the 04-08 and only replaces the box and tube then I will do the gotts mod.

I also am looking at a better mass air sensor and larger Throttle body to go with it.

COME ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
Help me out here.

You are willing to drop all that coin on a CAI, a new TB and a MAF to get the next-best thing to no gains (especially the MAF & TB, where the stockers will support far more horespower than you will ever make and will offer exactly ZERO gain and REQUIRE a custom tune).

But you are reluctant to spring for a custom-tuned X3 that has tangible, demonstable horsepower, torque and driveability gains?

What am I missing here?

Thanks
MGD

Quick Reply: Come on Banks!!!!