Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any nudes?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
FIFY!

Originally Posted by Power Kid
Eve if she is.. I think shes too smart for 99% of the leghumpers on here

Cegan - just ignore these young drooling fools....

MGD

Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
When does the order guide come out? As for the 300/6 my BIL had one that was I think 145 hp. It went 255K miles and still ran strong and it was abused like nothing I had ever seen. I believe the 300 was one of the most durable engines ever even though it used a lot of gas. I bet its still running today.

Like everybody else I am a bit skeptical on the long term durability of the TT 6. I think a 5 liter would do everything for me just fine. I am quite interested on the mileage ratings for each engine. The 3.7 is a major upgrade from the 4.2. My friend has one of those in a company truck and it just sucks gas. He hates Fords to make it worse so I hear about it all the time.

Do I understand correctly that the turbo 6 will be available in the XL along with the 5 Liter? But you have to go way up above the xlt to get the 6.2?? Since I want a reg cab short bed 4x4 I have to wonder if the TT6 wouldnt be a rocket. Its either that or the 5.0 for me.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Eve if she is.. I think shes too smart for you!
lol

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Cegan - just ignore these young drooling fools....

MGD
I am

Old 08-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Mustang9
When does the order guide come out? As for the 300/6 my BIL had one that was I think 145 hp. It went 255K miles and still ran strong and it was abused like nothing I had ever seen. I believe the 300 was one of the most durable engines ever even though it used a lot of gas. I bet its still running today.

Like everybody else I am a bit skeptical on the long term durability of the TT 6. I think a 5 liter would do everything for me just fine. I am quite interested on the mileage ratings for each engine. The 3.7 is a major upgrade from the 4.2. My friend has one of those in a company truck and it just sucks gas. He hates Fords to make it worse so I hear about it all the time.

Do I understand correctly that the turbo 6 will be available in the XL along with the 5 Liter? But you have to go way up above the xlt to get the 6.2?? Since I want a reg cab short bed 4x4 I have to wonder if the TT6 wouldnt be a rocket. Its either that or the 5.0 for me.

Try going up to the lariat/platinum max tow before your able to snag the 6.2L!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 PM
FYI: You can use Ford.com to find your nearest dealership.

Sounds like a couple of you need to stop posting here and go hang around a Ford dealership for awhile, hoping a female will buy an F-150 so you can ask her out.

By the way, does she need to buy a Platinum, or is a base XL with vinyl flooring & manual windows/locks good enough? I'm a little confused on the criteria based on the very in-depth posts on the subject.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Old 08-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by cegan1825
Guess I never got the memo about Lariat drivers being old men with napoleon syndrome considering I'm a 22 yr old female and about 6'0 which is tall for a girl so I think that kind of squashes the napoleon syndrome part. The fact that I got a Lariat was based partly on the fact that I really liked my best friend's 2004 Lariat, and she's a 23 yr old female (got it when she was 20 or 21). *shrug*

But if we are going to discuss the target demographic of each trim level, I'd say it makes a lot of sense to put the 6.2 in Lariats and Platinums only (besides the Harley Davidson and Raptor of course). That demographic tends to be the people that have the money to spend on big boats, campers, etc that they would probably need the 6.2 power for. Whereas the XLs and XLTs, can accomplish their "real work" of moving lumber, hauling smaller boats or campers, hauling utility trailers with landscaping equipment, etc just fine with one of the other 3 engines. And yes I substituted XLT where you put FX4, because the target demographic for FX4s are off-roaders not necessarily for "real work" as you put it. You can get an FX4 decked out until it only has 2 or 3 differences from a Lariat, and you can get an FX4 so base that it only has 2 or 3 differences from an XLT.

But all demographics aside, IMO it makes perfect sense that the base models get the base engines and the premium models get the premium engines.
That's awesome!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:02 PM
What about us farmers that typically want a regular cab with long bed and need power for towing. I will probably buy the ecoboost because of better mpg but would at least like the option for a 6.2

Old 08-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunesgirl
I seriously doubt the 6.2L will make it into anything else than what Ford has made available, and you can thank the CAFE standards for that.
If it is a cafe thing, they wouldnt be putting it in the lariat or limited, this is about ford's stupid marketing people getting in the way again...

Old 08-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by F150 Pilot
Are you hot?
she likely needs the 6.2 to haul her *** around

Old 08-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Or maybe the take rate on the XLT Max Tow package wasn't that high.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
My biggest concern with the 3.5 eco-boost is going to be durability. Yes it is putting out a lot of HP for a small engine, meaning it is working at much closer to it's limits than a naturally aspirated v8. On top of that is moving around 2 times the weight of the Flex or Taurus on a daily basis, and with max towing, probably 4-5 times the weight. That will put a lot of strain on that engine.
The 4.6 and 5.4 have shown they will stand up to that abuse, will the 3.5? Just like anything else. the closer you are to the limits of something, the quicker and easier it will break.
That is pretty much the case in my book as well. No engine that is turbocharged will last as long without at least a turbo overhaul. You're looking at turbo overhauls at 100k miles if you aren't absolutely religious about changing engine oil at 3k.

Period. End of story. It was the same way with the 6.0 diesel, most 7.3 liter diesels were looking at new turbos at 150k-ish range as well.

You gotta pay to play. I'm sure Ford has done the homework on this one, but there are basic things that even sound engineering can't change.

Yes, turbos can last a long time if properly maintained, like in turbocharged locomotives, but you as the end user have to take care of it as well. Time will tell. The new engines look good, and turbos have their benefits no doubt.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by tstjohn
Or maybe the take rate on the XLT Max Tow package wasn't that high.
I understand you can still get the max tow on the XLT but with the EB.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Powerdude
That is pretty much the case in my book as well. No engine that is turbocharged will last as long without at least a turbo overhaul. You're looking at turbo overhauls at 100k miles if you aren't absolutely religious about changing engine oil at 3k.

Period. End of story. It was the same way with the 6.0 diesel, most 7.3 liter diesels were looking at new turbos at 150k-ish range as well.

You gotta pay to play. I'm sure Ford has done the homework on this one, but there are basic things that even sound engineering can't change.

Yes, turbos can last a long time if properly maintained, like in turbocharged locomotives, but you as the end user have to take care of it as well. Time will tell. The new engines look good, and turbos have their benefits no doubt.

The Honeywell water- cooled turbo's on the ecoboost are rated for 150,000 miles or 10 years according to Ford

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Engine Lineup!