2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 FX4 LED Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually have the black version of these tail lights on my truck and I love them. Bought them as a set with the front headlights.

Sabersport sells them on ebay for really cheap and the guy is very nice and responsive if anything happens during shipping.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Smile Same Tail Lights Just Black

You are right, these fit perfect. I got the black pair to match my paint. Can't go wrong

Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Black units seem to have same issue as Ford HD lights... clear plastic looks white.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 PM
dont mean to go off topic, but i was wondering what you guys would recommend on a dark blue metallic truck? im having a hard time deciding between the black (and maybe get harley head lights) and the smoke (chrome like inside with tinted lens) options. my truck is stock which is why im not posting a pic, but it has the oem silver pinstripe and silver "4x4 Triton" decal on the side.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by VEECON
dont mean to go off topic, but i was wondering what you guys would recommend on a dark blue metallic truck? im having a hard time deciding between the black (and maybe get harley head lights) and the smoke (chrome like inside with tinted lens) options. my truck is stock which is why im not posting a pic, but it has the oem silver pinstripe and silver "4x4 Triton" decal on the side.
Definitely go with the red ones. Here's my theory on colors:

Black wheels, tinted tails, smoked lights....etc only look good on light colored vehicles(ie. white and silver...that's about it), or black vehicles(only because it matches).......and only sometimes, if done right. Too much is too much no matter what colors you're dealing with. With any other dark color, they don't match and blend in.....nothing on the truck breaks up the darkness. You need contrasting colors for it to work.

So dark blue+black= not cleared for flight.

Would your girlfriend/wife wear a dark blue shirt and black pants? No. Go ask her why....I bet she'll tell you because it doesnt match. She'd wear all black, she'd wear all blue, but if it was going to be two different colors one would be light and one would be dark.

Just my .02

Old 08-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by tdel10

Black wheels, tinted tails, smoked lights....etc only look good on light colored vehicles(ie. white and silver...that's about it), or black vehicles(only because it matches).......and only sometimes, if done right. Too much is too much no matter what colors you're dealing with. With any other dark color, they don't match and blend in.....nothing on the truck breaks up the darkness. You need contrasting colors for it to work.

Would your girlfriend/wife wear a dark blue shirt and black pants? No. Go ask her why....I bet she'll tell you because it doesnt match. She'd wear all black, she'd wear all blue, but if it was going to be two different colors one would be light and one would be dark.

Just my .02
Sounds like you and I think much alike when designing/looking at a trucks color scheme

Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM

Just my .02
i dont want to go too offtopic on this thread, but i will post a new one about mods im thinking about doing to my truck and i would like for you to post your opinion lol im coming from modifying cars so trucks are kind of new to me.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by fsdrummer85
I actually have the black version of these tail lights on my truck and I love them. Bought them as a set with the front headlights.

Sabersport sells them on ebay for really cheap and the guy is very nice and responsive if anything happens during shipping.
How are the head lights got any pics of them? How are they at night?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:41 AM

Just my .02
Wife won't let me leave the house with black & blue.(clothes)

Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Wife won't let me leave the house with black & blue.(clothes)

*Ding* Then why would you do it to your truck? Whenever in doubt, just ask a woman, they know EVERYTHING. (or at least my GF thinks so)haha.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:44 PM
*Ding* Then why would you do it to your truck? Whenever in doubt, just ask a woman, they know EVERYTHING. (or at least my GF thinks so)haha.
lol true, ive never thought about asking my gf anything that has to do with upgrading my vehicles, but i can totally see how it would be good when it comes to colors. btw, i made a new thread, so i will stop taking this one offtopic.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 PM
rok
You really think black and blue dont match? Wow that makes no sense at all. Black and brown dont. Black goes with anything even pink. My uniform is a dark navy blue and we have black accents and boots. I think it looks damn good.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
red ones are sharp!!! very nice!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks, for all the post...

Old 08-23-2010, 02:43 PM
HID headlights at night

Originally Posted by rcherry11
How are the head lights got any pics of them? How are they at night?
Head lights are pretty sexy at night, I will put some pics up later for you to see.

Quick Reply: 2010 FX4 LED Taillights